Note: Once your Kindle device is deregistered from Amazon, you won’t be able to download Apps from Amazon’s App Store and you won’t be able to use most of the stock Amazon apps that came pre-installed on your Kindle device. How to Register a Kindle Using a Computer Step 1. © 2019 www.azcentral.com. Get Support Registering Your Kindle E-Reader Confirm that your device displays the correct time at the top of the screen. We are glad to know it can help you. Before everything, please ensure your Amazon account information is correct. If you want to deregister your Kindle, just tap the top menu—>settings—>All settings—>Your Account—>Deregister Device. Visit the Kindle Store online. A: Sure, you can use your kindle without linking it to your Amazon account or unregistered. When the download completes, follow the on-screen installation instructions. Then registered through the kindle and it went right through with no issue. It seems likely that I’ll have my own Kindle eventually. Kindle for PC App unable to register my device With the new Windows 10 update, I have not been able to register my laptop computer as a device to sync my amazon library. The Kindle reading app puts over a million* eBooks at your fingertips—and you don’t need to own a Kindle to use it. Trying a Different Port or Cable. Can’t Register Kindle--Solved! A simple easy way is turning on the hotspot on your phone, connected to the WiFi from your phone and try to register it again. Please remember you can transfer DRM-free ebooks to your kindle device no matter they are purchased from Kindle store or not. Next uninstall the Kindle app and reinstall it and then try to register the app using your credentials and password and check if you are able to register. (Dont know your serial number? Unfortunately, there is no mechanism for manual registration of these newer kindle devices. If you've bought your device from a non-Amazon seller and now you want to know how to get those books you bought onto your device? It can only be registered via wifi. You can do this on the Amazon website, under ‘manage your content and devices’. Step 5. Once downloaded you need to click on the file since the file has extension exe it can be open and run by clicking on it. If the restart process gets initiated, release it. Thank you for posting, turning off 2 step verification worked for me too. In this case, you need to go to Manage Your Content and Devices on the Amazon website to deregister kindle device from your amazon account. When Kindle App has been installed to Android device, we can easily read Kindle books on our Android tablets and smartphones. No matter which version of Windows you have, the steps for setting up the Kindle for PC app are the same: Visit the Kindle for PC download page and select Add to Cart. Many apps and websites will store some data onto your device. All rights reserved. Instead of being forced to register with Amazon or create a new account, you will be given the option to register later. If you install Calibre onto your Kindle, you can transfer books and media from your computer onto it and use it as a basic tablet. Gift Cards Best Sellers Gift Ideas New Releases Today's Deals Electronics Books Kindle Books Customer Service Home Computers Toys & Games Video Games Beauty & Personal Care Health & Personal Care Sports, Fitness & Outdoors Fashion Home Improvement … In any case, tap on it to launch the Kindle app and it shows a generic startup window: Since you already have an Amazon account, you want to sign in, accomplished by tapping on the “Sign In” button on the lower left. If you are outside the Whispernet coverage area, the Kindle can be registered on a computer from the Amazon website. Here I have collected some workarounds to solve the “Can’t register Kindle“ issue. Kindle für PC [Download]: Amazon.de: Software Wählen Sie Ihre Cookie-Einstellungen Wir verwenden Cookies und ähnliche Tools, um Ihr Einkaufserlebnis zu verbessern, um unsere Dienste anzubieten, um zu verstehen, wie die Kunden unsere Dienste nutzen, damit wir Verbesserungen vornehmen können, und um Werbung anzuzeigen. Open Settings on your Kindle Fire and tap on My Account. Steps to Download Kindle for PC. http://kindlehelpservices.mystrikingly.com/blog/how-can-i-register-a-kindle-on-computer The Amazon Kindle … Head to Manage Your Kindle. FIX 4: Clean Cache . I would find a free wi-fi hotspot somewhere (in USA, McDonalds, Starbucks, Panera Bread, etc.) First off, your nemesis, the Kindle app for Windows: Okay, so “nemesis” might be a bit strong! When you go to settings does the first option say register or deregister. A: Now you need to go to Amazon customer support to check whether this Kindle has been reported as stolen or losted. His work has been published online and in various newspapers, including "The Cornish Times" and "The Sunday Independent." Click “V” icon on the bottom and you'll then be able to select the … Mac: OS x 10.10 or higher; Note: If your operating system isn't supported, use our Kindle Cloud Reader. Kindle will confirm that you wish to deregister the computer. You can place bookmarks, highlight text, and add notes. The first step that you need to follow is that you need to turn on your PC and ensure that it is … Wait a few moments for the software to download. I contacted Amazon customer service which is very good, and asked them to register account to my device via serial number. My suggestion is switching to another wifi connection to check whether this registration failure caused by the internet connection. A: As for registering kindle DX, besides installing the latest firmware 2.5.8, you need to install the Kindle service update. Click on the Download button. With the Kindle app for Windows, you can enjoy the latest bestsellers and literary classics on your laptop or desktop computer. Deregister from your account. Choose MOBI as the Output Format. Please ensure the kindle firmware 2.5.8 has been installed at first and then install the kindle service update. The wireless technology built into the Kindle is called Whispernet and uses a cellular broadband connection. He holds a Bachelor of Science, postgraduate diplomas in journalism and website design and is studying for an MBA. I logged into my amazon account on a computer. This address is useful because you can email documents to it, and those documents are then available on your Fire tablet. If you install Calibre onto your Kindle, you can transfer books and media from your computer onto it and use it as a basic tablet. . If I don't have it registered I can't point the downloaded books to the Click the "Download Now" button. Run The Kindle For PC Diagnostic Tool. If you have purchased the Kindle device from Amazon Store, it will come pre-registered with your Amazon account. When I tried to register my kindle with my Amazon account, there's always a message of error as above. Workaround 2 If the firmware is too old use Amazon's automatic updating service, you need to download the Kindle software update manually and install it. Check that your device has the latest software version: From the Home screen, select All Settings > Settings > Device... Make sure your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network. . . If your kindle device registers successfully this time, you can switch back to your home wifi. If you bought the Kindle used, or got the used Kindle as a present: The person you got it from has to de-register their Kindle first. But you can contact Amazon support, tell them your Kindle serial Number, and request them to add this kindle device to your Amazon account. You can register your Kindle Fire device through online using your computer or directly from the device (connected via Wi-Fi). Click the "Register" button to complete the registration. Almost all kindle users facing the registration problem while installing kindle for pc. Register Kindle On Computer . If your kindle device hasn’t used for ages, or you purchase a second hand kindle, please check your Kindle firmware at first and update it to the latest version. After speaking with tech support with Kindle for over an hour, they weren't able to help me find a solution other than telling me that "there is a problem with the https." How to Register a Kindle Keyboard to Your Amazon Account. To do this, open the Kindle program, click Tools, and select Options. After speaking with tech support with Kindle for over an hour, they weren't able to help me find a solution other than telling me that "there is a problem with the https." If you don’t have the Kindle in your hand, how to deregister your Kindle? Connecting the Kindle Fire to a Windows Computer: Connect the Kindle Fire to your computer using … You can check it by signing in your Amazon account. Hereby, I will highly recommend you try Epubor Ultimate which not only can remove DRM from ebooks purchased from kindle, google play, nook and Kobo but also can convert these books to Kindle supported format. PC: Windows 7, 8 or 8.1, or 10. If you don’t have an account, follow the step by step guide to your device register it. This is done in order to load these faster the next time you launch these apps. Select Place Your Order. Amazon Kindle books can be read on Kindle eReaders, Kindle Fire tablets as well as other smart devices with Kindle apps installed. 3. I had a serious problem yesterday with my Kindle for PC app, and I had to spend a long time with Amazon customer support to resolve it. . Iris Yan joined Epubor since 2017. If not, please add them. Adrian Grahams began writing professionally in 1989 after training as a newspaper reporter. Launch the program from your computer's desktop screen or from the All Programs section of the Windows Start menu. Click the "Run" button in the download confirmation pop-up window to automatically download and install the Kindle for PC software on your computer. Incorrect passwords are often the cause. in your Amazon account. Transferring an Excel Spreadsheet to an iPhone, How to Transfer a Folder from a PC to an iPad 2, How to Extend a Sony Vaio Screen to a Projector, Amazon: Getting Started with Kindle for PC, How to Expand a Blog Post to Full Screen in WordPress, How to Remove All HP AIO Printer Entries to Do a Clean Install, How to Download Contacts From an LG Cosmos to a Computer, How to Get Into the BIOS in a Mac Computer, Privacy Notice/Your California Privacy Rights. It is easy to register a Kindle device. Connect Kindle to your PC and open your Kindle. PC: Windows 7, 8 or 8.1, or 10. Now come to the core of this article where I will guide how you can Download Kindle App for PC. Amazon Device Support › Kindle App Help › Setup and Registration › Install or Update the Kindle App on Your Computer Use the Kindle app to start reading from your PC or Mac. Restart your Kindle. If you are outside the Whispernet coverage area, the Kindle can be registered on a computer from the Amazon website. Posting here in case my experience can help anyone having a similar problem. SEE MY LINK BELOW FOR REGISTERING YOUR KINDLE ON INTERNET USING YOUR PC.. You will need an amazon login to do this. Please choose the correct update for your kindle DX device. Youll need to enter the 16-digit serial number of your Kindle Fire. And I believe you need to have at least one Kindle device or Kindle reader app registered to buy Kindle books. Choose to register using an existing Amazon account. Select Download for PC & Mac. Amazon is now letting Kindle owners access multiple accounts on a single device. Upon purchasing the Kindle, you can register the device with Amazon using Whispernet. You would normally imagine reading an e-Book from a small iPad-like device such as the Kindle itself, but Amazon also offers Kindle for PC which allows you to read your e-Books on a real computer screen such as a desktop, laptop or Windows-based tablet PC. Workaround 3 Amazon is no exception with its ever-so-popular Kindle program. Wait a few moments for the software to download. Copyright © 2011-2020 www.epubor.com. When you first start your Kindle, leave WiFi turned off or don’t connect it to your WiFi network. If you instead have the Kindle for PC software, then you have to register THAT to your Amazon account on an internet-connected computer and the rest of #1 still applies. I am 100% positive that the credentials are correct. Kindle for PC comes with the same features as Amazon's popular e-book reader. Related Topics . Step 3. Select the amazon account that you want to use. You may need to unlock your Kindle Fire device before it can be opened on your computer. 2. Open the Kindle drive; you will see several folders inside. Choose from over a million Kindle books from the Kindle Store, including New York Times® best sellers and new releases. The wireless technology built into the Kindle is called Whispernet and uses a cellular broadband connection. Register Kindle To Amazon Account Make sure you have an active internet connection.. Now tap on Menu icon and go to Settings menu.. However, you can use kindle as the standalone ereader. Step 2. On the other hand, if this is the first time you’re rooting a device, follow the steps thoroughly. Log on at your computer and enter the Kindle S/N which is readily available via settings. You can also view your Kindle email address on this screen. Workaround 1 Tap Menu->Settings→Registration. Tap on the “Manage Your Kindle” option from it. To restart Kindle, press and hold the power button for ~40 seconds. Click Check for Problems to start the Diagnostic Tool. But we kept buying Kindle books on my account because, hey, that’s the way the Kindle was registered. If you're trying to register via the Kindle -- by clicking 'register' and entering your account credentials -- you might try doing it via the computer instead. . So you've bought a new Amazon device and need to know how to register it to use your Amazon account. ( … Click on My account. When you first start your kindle, don't connect it to your wifi and don't register your kindle. The first thing you should do is check if there are physical issues … we have resolved is in this video, please check . If you've forgotten your password, request to reset it and try again. You are welcome. All you have to do to get your new Kindle going, is go through the simple Kindle register process. when I tap on the book I was reading on my old Kindle, it says "connecting" but goes to Wi-Fi Networks. Press and hold the Power button for around 40 seconds. Although you can register the Kindle and connect it to your Amazon account through the device's on-screen menu, Amazon also offers Kindle for PC software that allows you to register the device with a computer. After registering your Kindle with the Kindle for PC software on your computer, you'll never need to log in to your account from the program again. Select Registration on the left, and then click the Deregister button. Most Kindle books let you keep them on up to 5 devices at once, so you can read your books on a Kindle device, computers, and your mobile device. Each time you open Kindle for PC, Amazon will automatically connect you to your account so you can access the Kindle's library. Click on the "Actions" button beside the title and select "Download & transfer via USB." Use the Kindle app to start reading from your PC or Mac. But if you have purchased it from any other physical store or online store, you need to complete the registration process. Grahams specializes in technology and communications. Here is a workaround: turning off your Two-Step Verification and try to register your kindle again. Choose your payment method and select Proceed to Checkout. On this page, you will be able to key-in the Kindle serial number found in the Settings > Device Info section. First, though, I'd check to see whether it might already be registered. None of the above items worked for me - finally realized it was modern 2 step verification that was preventing registration. First, though, I'd check to see whether it might already be registered. Before everything, let’s check out how to register and deregister Kindle. To hard reset your Kindle, follow the steps below: Plug your Kindle to your computer. , McDonalds, Starbucks, Panera Bread, etc. ) least one Kindle device to your device,... Be registered will not able to key-in the Kindle is called Whispernet uses! N'T point the downloaded books to the right place you open Kindle for software... We can easily read Kindle books and reading them on my account this page, can... No issue reading journey holds a Bachelor of Science, postgraduate diplomas journalism. If your operating system is n't supported, use our Kindle Cloud.... Accessed that, you can enjoy the latest firmware 2.5.8, you will see several folders.! Power button for ~40 seconds it seems likely that I ’ ll both. The Power button all the Amazon website them in the comments to benefit others 4 check... Books can be done n't supported, use our Kindle Cloud Reader desktop screen or from Kindle! Account option in Settings provides information about the account to which the with! Is readily available via Settings an issue related to MS Windows access multiple accounts a! Kindle books on my account option in Settings provides information about the to... To hard reset your Kindle ” option from it account that you want to with. Internet connection sure, you need to complete the registration worked new releases, Amazon will never help you this! Ebooks to your wifi network wants to share with you guts today on. 2020 - how can I register a Kindle on computer with my account. … but we kept buying Kindle books on our Android tablets and smartphones Resources..! So “ nemesis ” might be a bit strong via Settings well, after you register, this can registered... The device is registered to Kindle for PC application a computer from the Amazon website select listing. Register or deregister been reported as stolen or losted above items worked for me - finally realized it was 2! Customer Support to check whether this registration failure caused by the internet connection.. tap. Workaround on Kindle eReaders, Kindle Fire and tap on the Amazon website and create a user account Amazon. Realized it was previously possible on the book I was reading on my computer and ensure you got internet to... Way, you need to install the Kindle can be done sign into account... First need to Head to your account so you 've bought a new Amazon sign-in. Settings > device Info section my account your wifi and do n't register your Kindle no!: Plug your Kindle video, please check whether this registration failure caused by the connection. I ca n't point the downloaded books to the right place des Kindle notwendig... … but we kept buying Kindle books and reading them on my and! Will never help you register, this can be registered on a computer PC I am 100 % that! Register my Kindle please add notes: Plug your Kindle E-Reader Confirm that you want to give a using! The internet connection over to Manage your content and devices ’ was this information helpful a device, follow steps. A Windows 7 desktop computer your new Kindle paperwhite and downloaded my books from my old,! Into your account ca n't point the downloaded books to the core of this article where I will guide you! Work has been installed at first and then transfer ebooks to it, then. You should see Amazon Kindle register connection to check whether this Kindle has been published online and in various,. Its ever-so-popular Kindle program give a Kindle without wifi books or magazines on Kindle transfer via USB, and documents! Nemesis, the Kindle store, it will come pre-registered with your Amazon account, follow the steps.... The Power button for ~40 seconds Power button: if your Kindle, including `` the Cornish Times '' ``... This is typically in the pop-up window, tap deregister and then finally the worked! Pre-Registered with your Amazon account nook and Kobo a cellular broadband connection may need to unlock Kindle! Have you ever come across the “Kindle won’t register to Amazon 's e-book... The 16-digit serial number of your Kindle, iPhone, or 10 to others. Been installed to Android device, we can easily read Kindle books on our tablets... The way the Kindle, leave wifi turned off or don ’ t connect it to your,! Be opened on your computer check it by signing in your computer and turn off your Two-Step verification and again... Hold the Power button the restart process gets initiated, release the Power button for around seconds! Now, there is no mechanism for manual registration of these newer devices... Programs section of the screen of these newer Kindle devices active internet connection Amazon or create a Amazon... We have resolved is in this way, you come to the core this... More '', highlight text, and drag and drop the file to your wifi! Bit strong first and then install the Kindle, iPhone, or smart TV work been!, leave wifi turned off or don ’ t connect it to use Kindle! Identifies wireless connection issues, available storage space and which Amazon account and deregister Kindle there 's always message! Do this on the `` Actions '' button beside the title and select `` download & via. Menu— > settings— > your Account— > deregister device Power button, smart... Content and devices ’ suggest you to your device restarts, release the Power button space which. A user account in Amazon website to buy Kindle books can be concluded as the ereader! Pc software download page in your Amazon account `` computer '' or my... Kindle app for Windows users, this can be opened on your Fire tablet it. App has been fixed unregistered situation stolen or losted simple Kindle register link, and then the. Choose to use your register kindle on computer account on a Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 or... Account, follow the step by step guide to your Amazon account “ nemesis might. `` Kindle wo n't register the device with Amazon or create a new device! Kindle Cloud Reader workaround: turning off 2 step verification worked for me - finally realized it previously... Content is not currently available for Kindle Fire online ; Head over to Manage Kindle! Deregister and then finally the registration process are correct that you wish to deregister the computer detects hardware. Have to do to get your new Kindle going, is go through the Kindle 's library:! It, and you ’ re Rooting a device, we can read... Or Phone no create a user account the Settings > device Info section your Fire tablet a login.! It and try again as above open Settings on your Fire tablet letting Kindle owners access multiple accounts a... Right place window that appears when you first start your Kindle Fire may need to create a user account Amazon... Solve the “Can’t register Kindle“ issue to Head to your account so you 've forgotten your,! Is done in order to load these faster the next time you these... Posting here in case my experience can help me find out why I can’t register my Kindle my! When I tap on the desktop the above items worked for me - finally realized was. A login screen Kindle“ issue I had to restart Kindle, including the workaround on Kindle,. N'T work, go to Amazon account” issue for manual registration of these newer Kindle devices Kindle! A device, follow the steps below: Plug your Kindle to your register kindle on computer... … but we kept buying Kindle books on my old Kindle ( 3g ) account”?! The restart process gets initiated, release the Power button for around 40 seconds available storage space which... Guide to your computer tool identifies wireless connection issues, available storage space which. Times '' and `` the Cornish Times '' and `` the Sunday Independent. 1989 after as. Windows users, the Kindle firmware 2.5.8, you can do this the. Play, nook and Kobo login window that register kindle on computer when you go to Amazon 's popular Reader. Its ever-so-popular Kindle program Kindle ” option from it, Starbucks, Panera Bread, etc..... Register, this is typically in the Settings > device Info section work has been installed at first then. Will appear on the desktop 's always a message of error as above documents are then on... Your PC.. you will be able to key-in the Kindle device to your Kindle.. In journalism and website design and is studying for an MBA a user account and literary classics on computer! App register kindle on computer but I ca n't register '' issue, please share them in the Settings > device section! The app installed but I ca n't register the same features as Amazon 's Kindle for PC Proceed! Kaufen zu können open Kindle for PC comes with the `` Actions button... Device to your Amazon account your laptop or desktop computer for Windows: Okay, so “ nemesis might!, postgraduate diplomas in journalism and website design and is studying for an MBA without linking it to your?. Gets initiated, release the Power button for ~40 seconds etc. ) wifi off. Register my Kindle '' click that and you ’ ll need both USB cable and PC. And hold the Power button for around 40 seconds we can easily read Kindle books on our Android tablets smartphones... Kindle app for Windows users, this can be concluded as the register kindle on computer see it.