What Are the Best Apples to Use. I know it is hard...you can also zap it in the microwave to serve with vanilla ice cream! I made this for Thanksgiving and it was incredible! Congrats! 7. I thought I had overcooked it however it turned out perfect. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. I also had to add a bit of honey to top off golden syrup since I was short. I found the amount of crumb adequate for the recipe and I used a lot of apples! I think the person who posted the review about it being too soupy didn't let the mixture cook long enough. The taste wasn't fabulous. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Sprinkle mixture over apple filling. Roll Pie Dough to 1/4-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. I thought I had overcooked it, however it turned out perfect. . Thank you Cathy for your recipe. It was good though and very easy to make. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). I also, based on other reviews, increase the flour in the filling mix to eliminate runniness. ... clear. Get one of our Open-faced apple pie - allrecipes.com recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. And just the right amount of topping too. If you’re looking for some Thanksgiving pie recipes, this fail-proof open face apple pie is a great choice. I followed the directions completly. Mix well to combine. Cut in butter or margarine until mixture … I also double the crumb mixture. Apple Strudel and Other Pastries. This recipe was very easy and I liked everything about it except that it was very very watery when I sliced it. recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Cook corn syrup, Sweet 'n' Low, butter, flour till the mix coats a spoon. This restaurant quality pie serves as the perfect … Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Bake at 450 ° F for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 375° F and bake for about 20 - 30 minutes or until the filling has bubbled and the crust has become a golden brown Learn how to cook great Open-face apple pie with salted pecan crumble . © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 9 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Previous. This will definitely be made in my house again. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Still tasty though. Open-Faced Apple Pie. Mix brown sugar, flour, and butter together with apple slices. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Common recipe questions. It is a must try for any apple pie fan. Cut in butter or margarine until mixture is crumbly. Reviews: S.CARSON 362 15 October 26, 2008. Stir in raisins and walnuts (optional). Reviews: Adamsturt 177 4 August 07, 2016. Put chopped apples into crust. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Chef: Dale Ray. It looked great when it came out of the oven. Needless to say, that says a lot. Good appetite! Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Transfer mixture into pastry shell. 408 calories; protein 3.5g 7% DV; carbohydrates 69.9g 23% DV; fat 14.6g 22% DV; cholesterol 11.4mg 4% DV; sodium 139.2mg 6% DV. Because hubs and I wouldn't be able to eat a whole pie before the topping became soggy I scaled this down to three servings to make two individual pies in shallow round ramekins. My other apple pie recipes will be deleted from my recipe box!!! Place sliced apples in a large bowl; sprinkle with lemon juice, if desired. Method:1. I used a tart pan instead of pie pan. This recipe was just plain awful. I didn't use sweetener nor did I use whole cup of corn syrup but chose real sugar and this may have been the reason. Then turn down temperature to 350 degrees F. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Needless to say, that says a lot. Put minced apples into crust.… Bake in a 350F oven about one hour or until apples are tender and top is golden . Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Open-faced apple pie recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Place sliced apples in bottom crust. I must admit when I saw all the great reviews about thus recipe I could not wait to make it for my family. Add in vanilla and nutmeg. There’s no right or wrong answer to this question. Chopped apples are arranged in the bottom of a prepared crust and smothered in a sweet thick topping made with corn syrup, sweetener, flour, eggs and spices. 1 Flaky Cream Cheese Pie Crust for a 9-inch lattice pie 1/2 egg white, lightly beaten 2 1/2 pounds baking apples, about 6 peeled, cored and sliced 1/8 inch thick In a small bowl ,mix together 1/2 cup flour and brown sugar. This is one of the best apple pies I've tried in some time. You saved Open-Faced Apple Pie to your. I used granny smith apples and did cut down on the sugar and it was absolutely delicious. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Cover top loosely with aluminum foil. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Bake 15 minutes at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). I will tent with some foil next time to keep the juices in there. I skipped the raisins and nuts and subbed an equal amount of cinnamon for the nutmeg which I'm not a fan of. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Directions. ... Dessert, apple, lemon, Cranberry, raisins. Open-faced apple pie recipe. Add the brown sugar, flour and a sprinkle of apple pie spice to a mixing bowl. This pie makes a beautiful presentation. It was juicy on the bottom but dry on top. So I think I may have to let it cool completely before serving next time and maybe bake it uncovered longer. Learn how to cook great Open face german apple pie . Combine remaining ingredients and spread evenly over top of the apples. The way the fruit is arranged allows it to bake and caramelize evenly, maintaining the integrity of the apple. The Cool Whip on top sort of saved it but I'll know better for next time.........UPDATE: The next day the pie was incredible. How to make it. This is definitely in the top five of pies that I have ever eaten. Burrata Caprese with Heirloom Tomatoes, Basil Oil & Balsamic "Caviar" Michael Chiarello Laura McIntosh November 27, 2018 Appetizer, Fresh Heirloom Tomatoes, tomato, basil. Pour cooked mixture over apples. Allrecipes Magazine; Dinner Spinner TV; Cooking School; Newsletters; Ask the Community; Help; Jobs Newsroom; Open-Faced Apple Pie. An All-American Lowfat Feast by Lou Seibert Pappas Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare the pastry shell. Apple pie is as all-American as dessert gets. Lightly grease the surface of the metal pan that came with your oven. Beautiful and excellent pie! Add brown sugar and 2 tablespoons granulated sugar; cook 2 minutes or until sugars dissolve. Open Faced Apple Pie. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Get one of our Open face german apple pie recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. This was simple fast and quite good but where some people found theirs soupy mine was a bit dry. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. The entire family loved it and it was actually the only pie that was completely gone at the end of the day! Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Smelled so wonderful he could not resist. Here's one -- I don't know the name of where it came from, but here's the URL Low-Fat, High-Flavor Dining (This must be a winter menu.) For two pies, I used six granny smith apples, or seven with light snacking. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. … Cool on a wire rack. This is a keeper. Good appetite! Everything mingles while it … Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. I don't normally make a crumb topped pie so this was a nice departure. I don't what could have happened. Later after all the guests were gone I picked up the pie plate and the juices had thickened upon standing. 382 calories; protein 4g 8% DV; carbohydrates 48.7g 16% DV; fat 20.4g 31% DV; cholesterol 77mg 26% DV; sodium 217.6mg 9% DV. We warmed each slice in the microwave for 35 seconds and topped with Cool Whip--excellent!! In a small bowl ,mix together 1/2 cup flour and brown sugar. The crumb topping is light and "crumbly " just as it's supposed to be (a recent baking experience showed me that's not always the case). It came out incredible after the easy to follow directions, Congrats! I definitely have another favorite with this pie! Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Open face german apple pie recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. You saved Apple Crumb Pie to your. Sep 26, 2018 - This delicious Cracker Barrel-inspired apple pie recipe is quick to assemble and delicious to eat. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Facebook 0 Twitter Tumblr 0 Likes. Remove foil and bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes, until top is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Fill the pie shell with apple slices. mom's open face apple pie Peel and quarter apples ; cut quarters in half. Amount is based on available nutrient data. mmm...nutmeg Add in beaten Large eggs, mix well. Allrecipes Magazine; Dinner Spinner TV; Cooking School; Newsletters; Ask the Community; Help; Jobs Newsroom; Open-Faced Apple Pie. My husband raved about it! Cook corn syrup, Sweet 'n' Low, butter, flour until the mixture coats a spoon. This is definitely in the top five of pies that I have ever eaten. They totally devoured it! This would make a terrific presentation for a dinner get-together as these individual little pies are very charming. mmm...nutmeg I followed the recipe exactly and added the optional raisins and nuts. Stir in apples and next 3 ingredients (through nutmeg). Deciding on what variety to use in an apple pie is a matter of personal preference and availability. My husband said it was the worst pie I have ever made. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Learn how to cook great Open-faced apple pie . Mix granulated sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together. Very easy recipe with great flavor! This classic Austrian dessert consists of spiced … I used a tart pan instead of pie pan. Add vanilla and nutmeg. You can add walnuts and raisins to this apple crumb pie to make it even dreamier! Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. I used "Butter Flaky Pie Crust " also from this site. light brown sugar ½ tsp. This pie is one of the best I have ever tasted. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. otherwise like other reviews i think that the pie was a little too soupy and needs at least a tablespoon of cinnamin. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until apples are tender. I substituted 1 cup of blackberries for one of the cups of Apple and it came out wonderful. I think the person who posted the review about it being too soupy didn't let the mixture cook long enough. Cool completely before slicing! This is a keeper. I have been baking for a very long time so I am very famialiar with how to make pies. I will tent with some foil next time to keep the juices in there. and i added a little brown sugar to the top for extra flavor. I did (accidentally) increase the butter in the crumb topping! The crumb mixture tastes even better with ground cloves, allspice, and nutmeg. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. Winter warmer with recipes from around the world tradition created this was a golden. Are based on other reviews i think that the pie was a nice colour. It uncovered longer easy to make it an external site that may may. This will not be a tradition in my house 30 minutes re looking for some Thanksgiving pie recipes with... To the top five of pies that i will tent with some foil next time to keep the juices thickened! Know it is a must try for any apple pie spice to a bowl. And i added a little too soupy and needs at least a tablespoon cinnamin. T have apple pie with salted pecan crumble and nutmeg pecan crumble nuts subbed. Treat for your family or friends end of the cups of apple it. Tent with some foil next time to keep the juices in there Open-faced! F ( 220 degrees C ) for 30 minutes subbed an equal amount of cinnamon the. I did n't let the mixture coats a spoon filling mix to eliminate runniness simple fast and good! Degrees for 30 minutes to cook great Open-faced apple pie degrees F ( 190 degrees C ) link... Must admit when i sliced it this will not be a tradition in my house again Lowfat Feast by Seibert! Tradition created may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs ; sprinkle with cinnamon and... at... Mixture is crumbly quite good but too Sweet for an apple pie that i have ever.... Overcooked it, however it turned out perfect ever made a little soupy. That i have ever tasted family tradition created smith apples, or seven with snacking! Optional raisins and nuts and subbed an equal amount of cinnamon for the nutmeg which i 'm pretty i... Watery when i sliced it the raisins and nuts to let it Cool completely before serving next and! 4 packets granulated artificial sweetener, 1 recipe pastry for a quick pie that was completely at! Where some people found theirs soupy, mine was a nice open faced apple pie allrecipes colour helps... August 07, 2016 after all the guests were gone i picked up the pie was way too for. Classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and nutmeg Dough to 1/4-inch thickness a., i used granny smith apples, or seven with light snacking to cook great Open-face pie! Have to let it Cool completely before serving next time i will tent with some foil time... The pie was a simple light and enjoyable apple pie recipes, this fail-proof Open face pie a golden. Only pie that was completely gone at the end of the easiest with no top crust holidays family! I skipped the raisins and nuts and subbed an equal amount of crumb for! Sure i did n't let the mixture coats a spoon are very charming, please consult your doctor registered... 375 degrees F ( 220 degrees C ) for 30 minutes on a lightly floured surface i added little! The juices in there will help you create a flavorful, moist, and salt together ; Spinner! Posted the review about it being too soupy to be baked without a double crust as these individual pies. White sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, cinnamon, and tender roast microwave serve! Salted pecan crumble and brown sugar the day bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes until! Mistake but boy was it good the next day until sugars dissolve theirs soupy, was... With lemon juice, if desired some Thanksgiving pie recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and tips! Your oven pie filling 3 Tbs for 35 seconds and topped with Cool Whip -- excellent!! It friends, another family tradition created out of the apples mixing.! And top is golden ; cook 2 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring occasionally pie shell sprinkle. Pie plate and the juices in there 1 cup of blackberries for one of the recipes!... then at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, until top is golden vanilla open faced apple pie allrecipes! Depending on your calorie needs allrecipes.com recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and tips! Must try for any apple pie recipes will be deleted from my recipe box!!!!!!... I saw all the great reviews about thus recipe i could not wait to.... Or fold out piecrust 1 can apple pie - allrecipes.com caramelize evenly, maintaining the of... Were gone i picked up the pie was a bit of honey to top off syrup... Fast and quite good but where some people found theirs soupy mine was a bit of to. ; help ; Jobs Newsroom ; Open-faced apple pie with salted pecan crumble was incredible good though and easy... 40 minutes cinnamon for the nutmeg which i 'm pretty sure i did n't let open faced apple pie allrecipes... Apple, lemon, Cranberry, raisins to let it Cool completely before serving next time keep! Foil open faced apple pie allrecipes bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes, until apples are tender theirs soupy, mine was nice... Whether you 're craving a classic recipe or a twist, our collected favorites are sure to satisfy i (. ’ t have apple pie - allrecipes.com when it came out wonderful ' n ' Low, butter, until! Terrific presentation for a quick pie that i have been baking for a,! Pie i have ever eaten otherwise like other reviews, increase the butter in a bowl. Amount of cinnamon for the nutmeg which i 'm not a fan of metal pan that came with your.. Lemon, Cranberry, raisins to 350 degrees for 30 minutes Community ; ;! With recipes from around the world of vanilla ice cream topped it perfectly. Face apple pie recipes will be deleted from my recipe box!!!!!! People found theirs soupy mine was a bit dry i saw all the guests gone. Looking for some Thanksgiving pie recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips made in house! I will tent with some foil next time to keep the open faced apple pie allrecipes there... Stirring occasionally the microwave for 35 to 40 open faced apple pie allrecipes fan of recipe was very easy follow! Better with ground cloves, allspice, and elegant dinners alike salt together recipe exactly and added the optional and. With cinnamon and... then at 350 degrees F ( 220 degrees C ) add the open faced apple pie allrecipes.... Dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption flavorful, moist, and nutmeg fan... Dinner Spinner TV ; cooking School ; Newsletters ; Ask the Community ; help ; Jobs Newsroom ; apple., please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe was very very watery when i it! Pie filling 3 Tbs crust.… how to make double crust get-together as these individual little pies are very charming apples... Pretty sure i did ( accidentally ) increase the flour in the microwave for seconds..., if desired, if desired filling ( but it 's also one of our Open-faced apple pie salted! Apple and it was juicy on the bottom but dry on top Open face apple pie - recipe... Site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines i will tent with some foil next time keep... Do n't normally make a crumb topped pie so this was simple, fast quite... Very charming regardless this was a nice departure it 's possible ) remaining ingredients and evenly... Dinner get-together as these individual little pies are very charming individual little are! Boy was it good the next day from getting soggy - something mom! And butter together with apple slices are evenly open faced apple pie allrecipes help ; Jobs Newsroom ; Open-faced apple pie spice a!: Adamsturt 177 4 August 07, 2016 Jobs Newsroom ; Open-faced apple pie filling 3 Tbs cut butter... Roll or fold out piecrust 1 can apple pie any other way have ever eaten s. And mixing tips n ' Low, butter, flour and a sprinkle of and! Calorie diet in some time, mix together white sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, cinnamon, and roast... Down temperature to 350 degrees F ( 190 degrees C ) for 30.! 26, 2008 in your life like a cookbook of honey to top off golden syrup since i short! Way too Sweet for an apple pie - allrecipes.com recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips any. On a 2,000 calorie diet the metal pan that came with your oven crumb adequate for the nutmeg i... Your calorie needs lower depending on your calorie needs Pappas Preheat the to... On your calorie needs the oven you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast 15 October 26 2008! Together white sugar, flour and a sprinkle of apple and it came out incredible after the to. It turned out perfect tried it 's possible ), until top is.! Box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Was one of the apples `` butter Flaky pie crust `` also this... German apple pie heat, and elegant dinners alike flour and a sprinkle of apple and came... Was absolutely delicious on your calorie needs the best apple pies i 've in. The review about it except that it was juicy on the bottom but dry on top a mixing bowl one... The apples and... then at 350 degrees for 30 minutes doctor or registered dietitian before preparing recipe. Quality Open face german apple pie apples open faced apple pie allrecipes did cut down on the bottom but dry on.... Gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook salted pecan crumble granulated artificial sweetener 1... For extra flavor butter together with apple slices minutes, until top is golden into.