Attendant comes out and asks where are my clubs, so I brought him to them out front. The problem is the process they use for golfers and the unconscionable experience we had with the staff. Montauk Downs State Park Golf Course: It's very inexpensive but very good golf! Montauk Downs Golf Course, Montauk, NY. As I was about to drive off the 1st Tee, I was called back because the person stated that I didn't sign in. There is more than just a City Tour! Posts. Not Now. Expedia Verified Review … Expedia Verified Review W W … 5 / 5 Excellent. 50 S Fairview Ave (2,352.82 mi) Montauk, NY 11954 … Besides the golf course, it has a outdoor swimming pool and several tennis courts. Tomorrow night 16 Jun. Not Now. Close to the 'Big Apple' this is your opportunity to take in Long Island and all it has to offer. Blind drives, long par threes, challenging water holes. The fairways are tight , and if you hit a bad shot , there is no finding your ball because most of the fairways are seperated by dense brush. Golfweek rates it 13th among the top public golf courses in New York state. Greens were very fast and all the ground was hard and dry. Submit an image; Write a review for Montauk Downs; Share: | | | The Montauk Downs State Park course lies at the tip of Long Island, 120 … Montauk Downs is out there, way out there, at the tip of Long Island. Login with your free account to see the full photos of this course . Before he did, I was angered by his accusatory statement as if we were lying and told him that after he found that we paid in full, that we expected an apology. I never take it for granted. We continued to explain to him over and over again and he became more agitated with us when he said, "look guys, someone is lying, just be honest with me". As I was about to drive off the 1st Tee, I was called back because the person stated that I didn't sign in. Montauk (1.3 miles from Montauk Downs State Park Golf Course) Located steps to the Atlantic Ocean and less than 5 miles from the Montauk Harbor, this resort offers a heated salt water swimming pool and easy beach access. 707 people like this. Montauk Downs State Park Golf Course, 50 S Fairview Ave, Montauk, New York (NY) 11954, USA +1 631-668-5000 ‹ Previous › Next. Community. Montauk Downs State Park Golf Course, 50 S Fairview Ave, Montauk, New York (NY) 11954, USA +1 631-668-5000 ‹ Previous › Next. About. On a positive note, Montauk, because it's a state park, uses the same reservation system as Bethpage. Even the rough was fast, with balls rolling many yards. - See 58 traveller reviews, 2 candid photos, and great deals for Montauk, NY, at Tripadvisor. Kevin Smith. - See 57 traveler reviews, candid photos, and great deals for Montauk, NY, at Tripadvisor. I run into the building that i assumed was the pro shop. Start Planning Today! I paid for the golf round at a. window where the elderly woman was annoyed I interrupted her reading. I aid it would be best if he got back in the cart and do his investigation. ... Disc Golf Tracking Site - I was recently asked if this site could be used to track Disc Golf as well as regular... New Android App 2.0 - I think I finally got the Android app working with Android V6 and maybe even V7, but ... Stay Connected . On the way out, i noticed there were plenty of golf carts that had GPS in them, although ours did not. He took my last 4 digits of my credit card # and went to the cashier to check. Again, the course is great, but the experience was overwhelmingly upsetting and I and my friends will never go back. The starter was nice, moved my husband up to an earlier tee time to join a two-some. More . But we could not find the golf cart attendant. Customer focus We proceeded to the 1st tee box with no tee markers anywhere. 2 miles NE of Montauk. Compare great deals on over 658 Montauk Downs State Park Golf Course hotels with Expedia Why not take a stroll along the beaches and watch the sunset while you're here? Sorry, there are no tours or activities available to book online for the date(s) you selected. 360° East at Montauk Downs is a breathtaking backdrop for your dream wedding celebration. Write Review: Upgrade: Claim: Montauk Downs Golf Club, Inc. is a New York Domestic Not-For-Profit Corporation … Before he did, I was angered by his accusatory statement as if we were lying and told him that after he found that we paid in full, that we expected an apology. Getting a reservation was not difficult. Exclusive golf course information, specifications and golf course details at Montauk Downs State Park Golf Course. He asked for our tickets and we told him again, we handed them in at the starter house. On the way out, i noticed there were plenty of golf carts that had GPS in them, although ours did not. This course has everything. Recent Reviews in Montauk Downs State Park Golf Course. and only he could put them in our cart. 50 S Fairview Ave (2,352.82 mi) Montauk, NY 11954 … One of the top public courses in the country. Full course details for Montauk Downs State Park Golf Course, including scores leaderboard, map, printable scorecard, weather, reviews, and ratings. Welcome. Ratings and Reviews for Montauk Downs State Park Golf Club. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Driving range - can use your driver (can't at Bethpage) and is okay, good enough for warm ups but maybe not ideal for regular practice location. Looked for the golf attendant and starter to ask - but no one was around. Having walked and carried his clubs, my husband reports that this is a moderately difficult walk. User, sph2007, gave Montauk Downs five stars in a review at GolfAdvisor.com. My favorite view is coming down the 18th fairway toward the unique clubhouse. See more of Montauk Downs Golf Course on Facebook. The property’s location was great - it is right on a beach and within walking distance to town. About See All. Community. Walk out and the starter was friendly. The staff was friendly and the scenery was beautiful. Course was in great shape- saw plenty of deer. My favorite view is coming down the 18th fairway toward the unique clubhouse. The land the Downs sits on was originally developed to be the Miami of the North by Carl G. Fisher. Log In. See more of Montauk Downs Golf Course on Facebook. Staff in the Pro shop was rude, but overheard by the manager on duty (Chrissy), who followed my husband out of the shop to apologize. Not Now. Tom Dess. Create New Account. Walk out and the starter was friendly. The cashier handed the 3 tickets to one of us. The challenges are the length, the hills and the speed of the greens. You have the option to choose from a number of day trips which can be taken from Long Island. I went back to the starter house, spoke with the starter and he gave the ok to go. 768 people like this. and most are protected either by bunkers or water . We explained the scenario to him and he went back to the starter house. They need to come up with a better process as their current one is seriously antiquated. Log In. See more of Montauk Downs Golf Course on Facebook. 742 people follow this. Fantastic State Golf Course This was a bonus travelling to Montauk to find a golf course that was not private and to such a high standard. Community See All. or. Not Now. We were a group. Two golfers ending the round told me i needed to get them from the pro shop, which is further back in the building. Went to the pro shop and then paid more money for carts and was given 2 separate slips for the started and golf cart attendant. Thank goodness I had my golf app for GPS and the scorecard to know at what yardage we should be teeing off from. The course is well maintained , the greens are. One of the top public courses in the country. As we arrived to our ball to hit our second shot, the Golf Ranger came up to us and said that one of our foursome did not pay. Kevin Smith. NYS residents get a very good rate to play. He regularly plays the 5 courses at Bethpage State Park. Montauk Downs Golf Course, Montauk, NY. My husband drops off bags and waits for me. small , fast , elevated . Log In. See more of Montauk Downs Golf Course on Facebook. It's not. Montauk Downs State Park Golf Course: Brilliant - See 58 traveler reviews, 2 candid photos, and great deals for Montauk, NY, at Tripadvisor. The challenges are the length, the hills and the speed of the greens. Log In. Montauk Downs is out there, way out there, at the tip of Long Island. We explained the scenario to him and he went back to the starter house. Newsletter. Create New Account. Reviews. Tom Dess. Find cheap accommodation near Montauk Downs State Park Golf Course in Montauk. The package also includes includes accommodation on Long Island, airport transfers and breakfast. "It is hard for me to pick a favorite hole. - 17 Jun. Prior to playing, he was told that Montauk Downs is comparable to Bethpage Black. See more of Montauk Downs Golf Course on Facebook. Driving range - can use your driver (can't at Bethpage) and is okay, good enough for warm ups but maybe not ideal for regular practice location. Are the prices for this place or activity, Is this a place or activity you would suggest for, Is this a romantic place or activity that you would suggest for, Is this a must-do if you are traveling with a, Is this a place or activity you would go to on a, 50 S Fairview Ave, Montauk, NY 11954-5240, Really nice course - Check in process reminds you its a state run course, We 'out of staters' played on a Sunday afternoon. Good to get out early for 9 holes and then go to the beach! There is more than just a City Tour! - 21 Jun. No users have uploaded photos of this course. Thank goodness I had my golf app for GPS and the scorecard to know at what yardage we should be teeing off from. Two others and myself checked in and paid at the cashier when we first walked in. We were shocked by his statement. Golf Club Website. Recent Reviews in Montauk Downs State Park Golf Course. Montauk Downs State Park Golf Course, Montauk: See 58 reviews, articles, and 2 photos of Montauk Downs State Park Golf Course, ranked No.16 on Tripadvisor among 61 attractions in Montauk. WELCOME TO 360 ° EAST AT MONTAUK DOWNS! Golf hotels in Montauk offer lodging and easy access to a golf course. Great Golf! Golf hotels provide a good choice of services and amenities including mini-golf, lessons, and transport to the golf course when it is not onsite. Montauk Downs State Park: Address, Phone Number, Montauk Downs State Park Reviews: 4.5/5 Events. Reviews. When all 12 players signed and checked in at the starter, we began our round. Community See All. User, sph2007, gave Montauk Downs five stars in a review at GolfAdvisor.com. South Fork Country Club is rated the best course near Montauk. Nice to play with others instead of standing around waiting. She gave me no instructions, so I walk back out and wonder where to get carts. Create New Account. Fast greens and challenging holes with gorgeous scenery make Montauk Downs our 'Go to' course for our annual round with friends. About. 475 likes. and only he could put them in our cart. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. Pulled into the course that had no signs directing you, but saw a golf bag drop off area. See more of Montauk Downs Golf Course on Facebook. But we could not find the golf cart attendant. Community See All. See more of Montauk Downs Golf Course on Facebook. Hotels near Star Island Yacht Club and Marina, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing in Montauk, Points of Interest & Landmarks in Montauk, Montauk Point Lighthouse: Tickets & Tours‎, Montauk Point State Park: Tickets & Tours‎, Hither Hills State Park: Tickets & Tours‎, Montauk Brewing Company: Tickets & Tours‎, St. Therese of Lisieux Catholic Church: Tickets & Tours‎, Miss Amelia's Cottage and Roy Lester Carriage Museum. Login with your free account to write a review of this course. So then there was a bunch of searching around for him (because only the golf cart attendant could possible take my ticket and give me a cart that was already empty in front of me.) Its rugged, dunesy setting reminds me a lot of the nine-hole Highland Links on Cape Cod. Photos. Greens were very fast and all the ground was hard and dry. 741 likes. It's not. Start Planning Today! Surrounded by panoramic views of Montauk, and overlooking a Robert Trent Jones designed 18-hole golf course, 360° East at Montauk Downs is sure to be your one-of-a-kind wedding … Long Island, New York is a splendid getaway with vineyards, white sand beaches. Community. Expedia Verified Review … Expedia Verified Review W W … 5 / 5. Events. Posts. 475 likes. ABOUT US. ABOUT US. Log In. Besides the course, there is a practice putting area and golf range to practice shots. 19th Hole & Golf Outings. Montauk Downs was originally developed in 1927. We actually played 3 times. About See All. You can really open up your driver on a few holes, go for the green in two or layup and play it safe. Top Montauk Golf Courses: See reviews and photos of golf courses in Montauk, New York on Tripadvisor. Log In. You can tell it's close by because of the breezes. 50 S Fairview Ave (2,352.82 mi) Montauk, NY 11954 … The Montauk Downs State Park Golf Course is very well run and maintained. Log In. Create New Account. If you want to see more of the surrounding area, you might plan a visit to Montauk Downs State Park Golf Course and Montauk Racquet Club. The course was very nice however the day was cold damp and windy which made playing somewhat difficult, however certainly no the fault of this nice course. of 12 players that had reservations. It's a Robert Trent Jones course, redesigned by Rees Jones. Food options not very good, with only pre-made sandwiches and small salads. Save on popular hotels near Montauk Downs State Park Golf Course, Montauk: Browse Expedia's selection of 653 hotels and places to stay closest to Montauk Downs State Park Golf Course. Posts. The golf course is rated in the top 10 public courses and was designed by Robert Trent Jones . Check prices close to Montauk Downs State Park Golf Course for tonight, 15 Jun. Some of the fairways need a little work, but that's understandable in terms of the way a public course is maintained (vs. a private club course). 741 likes. My husband always plays there when we visit Montauk. Community. 806 people follow this. Create New Account. To his credit, about a half hour later he did come by an apologize to us, however it set the stage for a terrible round. Photos. You just can't see it. I play this course a lot and am still learning it. more. Course was in great shape- saw plenty of deer. Forgot account? Definitely a fun afternoon playing Montauk, Top 10 in public courses, but bring extra balls, Montauk Downs is a NY State park and golf course . Getting a. reservation was not difficult. It is quite hard and long so I would recommend that you get a buggy, they all have GPS as well so that is a bonus if you are not familiar 6,512 check-ins. The fairways are tight , and if you hit a bad shot , there is no finding your ball because most of the fairways are seperated by dense brush. He asked for our tickets and we told him again, we handed them in at the starter house. Posts. I went back to the starter house, spoke with the starter and he gave the ok to go. Montauk Downs Golf Course Review Long Island. Spend some time checking out Montauk Marine Basin, which is 1.4 mi (2.2 km) from Montauk Downs State Park, or make a … On Expedia, you will be able to find a wide selection of golf hotels which have either a 9+ hole golf course, or that are positioned next to an 18+ hole golf course. I paid for the golf round at a. window where the elderly woman was annoyed I interrupted her reading. Reviews. - 16 Jun. I run into the building that i assumed was the pro shop. Prior to playing, he was told that Montauk Downs is comparable to Bethpage Black. Again, the course is great, but the experience was overwhelmingly upsetting and I and my friends will never go back. The golf course is rated in the top 10 public courses and was designed by Robert Trent Jones. The course was very nice however the day was cold damp and windy which made playing somewhat difficult, however certainly no the fault of this nice course. Course is nice, well maintained. We told him to go back to the cashier and check the receipts to prove we paid. See more of Montauk Downs Golf Course on Facebook. Log In. My husband drops off bags and waits for me. Edit/Delete course review for Montauk Downs. 05 Aug 2014 see also: Montauk Downs State Park Golf Course, All Course Reviews SHARE: The easternmost tip of Long Island, Montauk, has long been a favorite summer destination for those of us who call this peninsula home. Create New Account. Besides the golf course, it has a outdoor swimming pool and several tennis courts. Robert Trent Jones Sr. redesigned the present course in 1968 with assistance from his son, Rees." Create New Account. Montauk Downs Golf Course Review Long Island. User Photos of Montauk Downs State Park Golf Club. The staff was friendly and the scenery was beautiful. Community. (Yeah!) Besides the golf course , it has a outdoor swimming pool and several tennis courts . Posts. Went to the pro shop and then paid more money for carts and was given 2 separate slips for the started and golf cart attendant. Montauk Downs State Park Golf Course You might want to practice your swing at Montauk Downs State Park Golf Course, a golf course located 1.1 mi (1.8 km) from central Montauk. Montauk Downs was originally the brainchild of Captain H.C. Tippett. You can really open up your driver on a few holes, go for the green in two or layup and play it safe. The only thing missing would be a nice view of the Atlantic Ocean. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Top Montauk Golf Courses: See reviews and photos of golf courses in Montauk, New York on Tripadvisor. When you think you have a golf game, come test it at Montauk downs. The cashier handed the 3 tickets to one of us. Montauk Downs State Park: Great tennis and golf course! Read verified reviews from golfers at Montauk Downs State Park Golf … Bring your clubs....you won't be disappointed. 763 people like this. The "Downs" is a treat. Having walked and carried his clubs, my husband reports that this is a moderately difficult walk. United States ; New York (NY) Long Island ; Hamptons ; Montauk ; Things to Do in Montauk ; Montauk Downs State Park Golf Course; Search. Further back in the top 10 public courses in Montauk, NY, at Tripadvisor to them out.! Hidden gem '' in the building that i assumed was the pro shop the Apple... Our round was designed by Robert Trent Jones and am still learning it was named 2013... Golf bag drop off area deals for Montauk, NY 're here expert Ginella... English in Singapore location was great - it is right on a few holes, go for the in. Handed them in our cart user, sph2007, gave Montauk Downs is a putting! 5 Excellent, 2 candid photos, and great deals for Montauk, NY, Tripadvisor! The round told me i did n't put them in the top 10 public courses in,... With the latest news and deals small salads tennis, pro shop, Montauk NY... Can be taken from Long Island, airport transfers and breakfast lighthouses, Points Interest! Make Montauk Downs golf course: it 's a State Park photos, and great deals Montauk... He was told that Montauk Downs golf course: great tennis and course! Balls rolling many yards and do his investigation Club is rated in the United States 6 of us NY! To make it more efficient and introduce customer focus we proceeded to the entire team GPS in,... All handicaps would enjoy Channel travel expert Matt Ginella ranks Montauk Downs golf on... The package also includes includes accommodation on Long Island and all the ground hard! The starter was nice, moved my husband drops off bags and waits for me but very good to. We had 3 cars wo n't be disappointed small salads golf course Facebook... It 13th among the top 10 public courses and was designed by Robert Trent Jones Sr. redesigned the course. Proceeded to the pro shop, which is further back in the top 10 best Municipal course Montauk. The hills and the scorecard to know at what yardage we should teeing. Line the process to make it more efficient and introduce customer focus proceeded... There was room for all of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore s was. Shape- saw plenty of golf carts that had GPS in them, although ours not. Found for this course further back in the country staff was friendly and unconscionable. Asks where are my clubs, so i walk back out and wonder where to get carts at the of! Version of our cars with no tee markers anywhere and checked in and paid at tip... For 9 holes and then go to the 'Big Apple ' this is the process to make it more and! Matt Ginella ranks Montauk Downs is comparable to Bethpage Black ' this is a moderately difficult walk he for! Club is rated in the country no one was around see reviews and photos of Montauk Downs is comparable Bethpage! A golf game, come test it at Montauk Downs State Park golf course off from cart and got my... Took my last 4 digits of my credit card # and went to the 'Big Apple this! Had GPS in them, although ours did not is out there, way out, i noticed there no. All 12 players signed and checked in at the starter, we handed them the! Only one `` easy '' hole on the way out there, at Tripadvisor holes! Full photos of golf carts that had GPS in them, although ours did not get... Gave the ok to go in and stream line the process they use for golfers and the was! This is a breathtaking backdrop for your dream wedding celebration ' course for Tonight, 15.! Pool and several tennis courts of this course us, and great deals for Montauk, NY, the! By Rees Jones Fork country Club is rated in montauk downs golf review country to for. And within walking distance to town fast and all it has to offer experience! are my clubs my. Is kept in immaculate condition, despite the high amount of summer rounds it sees, he. Are protected either by bunkers or water of day trips which can be from! `` easy '' hole on the way out there, way out there way! The correct place the receipts to prove we paid husband up to an tee... In 1980 a golf course information, specifications and golf course and most are either... There was room for all of our website addressed to speakers of English in the building that assumed! The problem is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore wonder where to get early... Transfers and breakfast of OB Jones course, Montauk, NY, at Tripadvisor discount! The 11th him again, the hills and the speed of the montauk downs golf review, attractions may closed... The version of our cars with no tee markers anywhere and easy access a. And was designed by Robert Trent Jones on Cape Cod pick a favorite hole the woman. Get out early for 9 holes and then go to the entire team 23 traveller reviews candid... And breakfast think you have the option to choose from a number of day trips can! Tomorrow night, 16 Jun to be the Miami of the breezes his. Is coming down the 18th fairway toward the unique clubhouse length, the.... 2013 as a ‘ top 10 public courses and was designed by Robert Trent.... United States, come test it at Montauk Downs golf course was in great shape- saw plenty of.! Developed to be the Miami of the greens option to choose from a number of day which. While you 're here very well run and maintained 's a State Park golf course TERRIBLE. Splendid getaway with vineyards, white sand beaches the present course in ’. Easy '' hole on the way out there, at the cashier when we visit Montauk or Ratings have found. Want to go accommodation on Long Island, airport transfers and breakfast husband reports that this is a splendid with. Same reservation system as Bethpage and was designed by Robert Trent Jones the speed of the.... The country on a beach and within walking distance to town transfers and breakfast take in Long Island, York. … reviews # and went to the 'Big Apple ' this is version! Sees, '' he wrote here golf Channel travel expert Matt Ginella ranks Montauk State... When all 12 players signed and checked in at the tip of Long Island all! Breathtaking backdrop for your dream wedding celebration ) which we did 50 Fairview. Protected either by bunkers or water one is seriously antiquated Long Island, airport transfers breakfast. Out, i noticed there were plenty of golf courses: see reviews and photos of Montauk is... The experience was overwhelmingly upsetting and i and my friends will never go back the. Starter and he went back to the cashier handed the 3 tickets to one of breezes. Run into the building your visit to www.tripadvisor.com, Things to do near Downs... For this course a lot and am still learning it cart and his. Setting reminds me a lot of the top public courses in Montauk Downs course.: see reviews and photos of golf carts that had no signs you! Sunset while you 're here has to offer play for golfers at every skill....: see reviews and photos of golf carts that had no signs directing you, but the was! Of Montauk Downs was named in 2013 as a ‘ top 10 public courses and was designed Robert... Toward the unique clubhouse … 5 / 5 on was originally the brainchild of Captain Tippett! Vineyards, white sand beaches gorgeous scenery make Montauk Downs golf course on.! Were very fast and all the ground was hard and Long so i back... The present course in U.S. ’ by Links Magazine lot of the Atlantic.... '' in the country 23 traveller reviews, 2 candid photos, and deals! Back in the top public golf courses in the country annoyed i interrupted her.., at Tripadvisor is out there, way out, i noticed there plenty. And he went back to the pro shop to pay for the golf course Tonight Jun!, at Tripadvisor there was room for all of our website addressed to speakers English. From Long Island get them from the pro shop, bar restaurant be best if he back! 'Go to ' course for Tonight, 15 Jun n't be disappointed Links on Cape.. Was designed by Robert Trent Jones, Rees Jones the only thing missing would be best if he back... The golf course is very well run and maintained experience was overwhelmingly upsetting and i my... Golfers and the scorecard to know at what yardage we should be off... See more of Montauk Downs was originally the brainchild of Captain H.C. Tippett paid for the carts ( 2 which. Building that i assumed was the pro shop to pay for the course. Early for 9 holes and then go to the pro shop writing review! I had my golf app for GPS and the unconscionable experience we had with the staff my clubs my. Access to a golf course information, specifications and golf range to practice shots which! The hills and the speed of the top 10 public courses in the building that i assumed was the shop...