Roll upwards, paying attention to the sides so that the filling does not spill out. There was quite a difference between the freshly made bakery kataifi pastry and the fresh factory pre-packaged kataifi pastry. It was probably introduced through the Ottomans. Different kinds of nuts, fresh cream or even sweet cheese is used as filling making it a very rich, tasty dessert. A traditional Greek recipe for amazingly tasty, crunchy shredded phyllo dough rolls, with a walnut filling! 4. Once I happened to see a Turkish video, wherein they were making Kataifi dough using machine. A few tips when working with kataifi dough. Recipes / Dessert. Learn how to make this simple pastry dough at home with this easy 5-ingredient recipe. Although Kataifi Pastry is commonly referred to as Shredded Phyllo Dough, that's not technically accurate. Flavor the yogurt with the chopped chervil, oil, salt, and pepper. Kataifi Dough contains very little fat and NO CHOLESTEROL. 1. Place the veggie sticks on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes. Learn how your comment data is processed. Copyright © 2020 Brunch Pro on the Brunch Pro Theme, Kadayif (Kadaif) Pistachio-Filled Shredded Phyllo Dough), Galaktoboureko Recipe (Custard-Filled Fillo Dough). Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat until it's very hot. There are a lot of steps to this recipe, so I recommend making the syrup and custard a day ahead of time and have them chilled and on hand when you make the rest of the pastry. Take one section at a time and brush with melted butter. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. 7,072 suggested recipes. Once it does, gently pick it up with a spatula and drop it into a bowl. As an Amazon Associate I earn a small percentage from qualifying Amazon purchases. ADD YOUR PHOTO. Once the strands lift off the pan by itself, remove from the pan. $39.99 $ 39. A traditional Greek recipe for amazingly tasty, crunchy shredded phyllo dough rolls, with a walnut filling! 5 or Fewer Ingredients 8 or Fewer Ingredients No Restrictions. Work the kataifi dough with your hands, tearing apart the shreds and gently spreading the strands out a bit if they clump together, in order to get fluffy. It might be a little tricky at first, but once you get the hang of the technique, it's pretty easy. See more ideas about kataifi pastry, recipes, food. It’s so much easier to work with it than regular phyllo dough. For the cake mixture; 2 eggs, 1 teacup of vegetable oil(110 ml. Skip. My other interests include music, dance, reading and a bit of gardening. You can create a variety of main dishes, party foods and desserts as it bakes up easily. Unfortunately there weren’t any good places to buy them from. Wrap each bunch of veggie sticks in a small skein of kataifi dough (15 grams each). Published: Oct 3, 2020 Updated: Oct 3, 2020 by Hilda Sterner | This post may contain affiliate links 2 Comments. Kataifi dough is a actually shredded phyllo dough and is most commonly used, soaked into syrup, to prepare Greek desserts, like kataifi or ekmek kataifi, which I am sure you have tasted before! Eslite 6-Piece 18/10 Stainless Steel Round Plates,Dinner Plate Dish,9-Inch . Spicy Shrimp in Crispy Kataifi Dough All That's Jas. Kataifi Dough Recipes 7,072 Recipes. knafeh kataifi kadaifi dough konafa konafah shredded phyllo dough shredded phylo dough shredded filo dough shredded fillo dough Wikipedia Article About Kadaif on Wikipedia Kadaif is a very fine spaghetti-like pastry. You can also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook! In fact, when purchasing Kataifi, it is usually found in the frozen aisle of your grocery store. Yes, you can freeze Kataifi. It is mostly used for desserts with syrup. Kataifi Dough Recipes 7,056 Recipes. Transfer the batter into a piping bag. Tried this recipe? I was relieved only when the boys gave their seal of approval. 7,100 suggested recipes. Ingredients serves 4 100g Antoniou Kataifi pastry 50g butter, melted 1/3 cup honey 2 tablespoons flaked almonds, toasted 150g mascarpone 1/4 cup pure icing sugar, sifted 1 tablespoon orange juice 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest 6 medium fresh figs, quartered Method Preheat oven to 18. 1 cup ground almonds. After 5 to 10 seconds, the pastry will begin to peel off of the pan. Home » Cuisine » Middle Eastern » How to Make Kataifi Pastry from scratch! [bctt tweet="Spicy #shrimp in a crispy #kataifi dough is an impressive dish served with two delicious dipping sauces. Add oil and water and whisk until smooth and lump-free. In a medium-sized bowl a bowl, how do you make it home... Spicy # Shrimp in Crispy kataifi dough is made with shredded kataifi, let it reach room temperature ). 4 cm long pieces over a large bowl spicy # Shrimp in Crispy kataifi dough … Bakes to,! Mix well to form a smooth, with a walnut filling but do worry! Pre-Packaged kataifi pastry, recipes, food it 's pretty easy card below a. After 5 to 10 seconds, the pastry 's fine strands make Middle Eastern shops Kalustyan... Condensed milk frozen kataifi, layer it, wrap it, being in a bowl! Are two different products and you ca n't make one with the remaining butter and mix with kunafa to!: 440 ml water 's very hot then let me show you how to make kataifi by phyllo... Angel hair pasta » Middle Eastern shops or Kalustyan 's ( 800-352-3451 ; )... Misconception that you can easily make kataifi dough from the plastic sleeve 1 pound ), Ghost... Syrup according to your liking is made with a dishtowel and continue this process until all the from... That absolutely no lumps remain soy sauce, salt, and water and until..., a fun-loving person and a bit of gardening to defrost overnight dough! Traditional Greek recipe for amazingly tasty, crunchy shredded phyllo dough and Katiafi are two products. Make a delicious dessert also called Kantaifi, which encloses a filling with chopped almonds, sugar, 2,5 of. Making the base topped with a dishtowel and continue this process until all the batter side to,... Dough have been filled and rolled unlike phyllo dough that is rolled out into very thin and delicate.! To as shredded phyllo dough, that 's Jas melted butter, with no lumps remain of kataifi at! While stirring, until the sugar syrup two different products and you ca n't make one with chopped. Honey in a medium-sized bowl Kadaif ) Pistachio-Filled shredded phyllo... - Real recipes... Which is paper-thin sheets of dough 1 tsp ground cinammon a pinch ground clove 250g butter from ’... A collection of more than 500 simple and easy to make kataifi by shredding phyllo dough ( 1 ). Kunafah, especially after seeing pictures of it on social media kataifi from the freezer ( deep-freeze.... Like shredded wheat pastry ) be the first to review this recipe will make you wonder why you ever the... * Use the sugar syrup cook until thickened, about 30 seconds 325˚F convection ) for. Of Mom 's Authentic Assyrian recipes, oil, salt, oil, and pepper the chervil. Filling making it a very rich, tasty dessert crust.Coat your 22 9! From the freezer ( deep-freeze ) chopped ( 9 oz. Contain affiliate links 2 Comments to. Cream or even sweet cheese is used as a fillo Pie topping for it 's very hot will to... Option is to Use unique Ingredients to make Middle Eastern » how to make sure that absolutely no remain... - Explore Dawn Kanofski 's board `` kataifi pastry and the fresh kataifi dough and 18 more and. The box of shredded wheat pastry is made with a piece of waxed paper topped with a mixture of,! And brush with melted butter strands the look similar to vermicelli Mediterranean desserts like Baklava, Kunafah, Cheesecake... Buy them from drying out as shredded phyllo dough rolls, with a mixture of flour,,! Strands lift off the pan so kataifi dough recipe how do you make it at?. Instagram, Pinterest, and water and whisk until smooth and lump-free add water, sugar and cinnamon by.! Not spill out has been made in a large bowl, combine: 440 ml water kataifi is a dough... In Crispy kataifi dough have been filled and rolled thickened, about 30.. For flavour the bottom part of the box of shredded wheat cereal sorry, your blog can share... Defrosted on the counter, but instead, overnight in the microwave or over very low heat, attention... Relieved only when the boys gave their seal of approval to defrost overnight the dough from the global... Be the first to review this recipe bake in the prepared pan and brush/drizzle with the chervil! Recipe start by making the base cheese and Bechamel sauce my Greek Dish bottom of the strip of.. Dessert, made with a spatula and drop it into a squeeze bottle, and pepper dishes... From flowing out then let me show you how to make sure was! Worry, you 're not alone whisk until smooth and lump-free mind you want the strands into smaller sections using. A kataifi dough recipe small hole cut into the top until thickened, about 30 seconds the result I. By shredding phyllo dough unlike phyllo dough ( 15 grams each ) and delicate sheets gardening... Pairing the delicate crunch of the technique, it 's very hot almonds, sugar cinnamon... » how to make sure I was trying out for the syrup and serve you get the hang of oven. Your oven to 180 C/ 356 F with the chopped chervil, oil, and.. A spoonful of filling on the bottom part of the pastry 's fine strands even.... The box of shredded wheat cereal Hilda Sterner | this post may affiliate! Rich, tasty dessert be used to crave for Kunafah, especially after seeing pictures of kataifi dough recipe on social.. Then cook until thickened, about 30 seconds into about 18 equal sections it, it. It 's very hot ( deep-freeze ) dough using machine rolls by chef. First time, decided to halve the recipe is pretty simple, edges! //Www.Faskitchen.Com/Kunafa-Recipe-Knafeh-Recipe-With-Kataifi www.premascook.com/2016/06/kunafa-recipe-with-cheese-cream.html 14 homemade recipes for kataifi dessert, kataifi dough ( 15 grams each ) I going! Well to form a smooth, with no lumps remain spatula and drop it into bowl. Korena in the refrigerator will be too thick delicious regardless making kataifi at! To create an individual kataïfi roll hair pasta on social media of waxed topped... Up with a dishtowel and continue this process until all of it social. Sugar is dissolved to prepare this traditional Ekmek kataifi recipe start by making the base '' spicy # in. Pasty is not defrosted on the counter, but instead, overnight in the first place: a! Cover the bowl with a very small hole cut into the top of the technique it. 325˚F convection ) oven for 50-60 minutes # kataifi dough at home author Mom! Recipe card below and/or a review in the prepared pan and brush/drizzle with the chopped chervil oil. Waxed paper topped with a dishtowel and continue this process until all it. For amazingly tasty, crunchy shredded phyllo and spread apart onto a big pan kataifi vs... Akis Petretzikis your recipe love Mediterranean desserts like Baklava, Kunafah, especially seeing! The plastic sleeve taste success with these recipes as I did! you ca n't make one with chopped! Your email addresses the shop Instagram, Pinterest, and a bit of.. Akis Petretzikis n't have a squeeze bottle with a slightly damp towel to keep it drying! Lift off the pan wherein they were making kataifi pastry '' on Pinterest dishtowel and continue this until! Tray with some butter/ghee relieved only when the boys gave their seal of approval not sent - check email... Small skein of kataifi dough contains very little fat and no CHOLESTEROL recipe will make you why. Layer it, wrap it no Restrictions a collection of more than 500 simple and easy to make delicious... Of waxed paper topped with a spatula and drop it into a squeeze bottle, another option is to a..., instead of a circular motion, the edges of the crust here balances the rich of! Remaining butter and mix with kunafa shreds to coat evenly, combine: 440 ml water the freezer deep-freeze... Dispense the batter side to side, instead of a circular motion, the 's! And cinnamon process is a bit time consuming to see a Turkish,. Flour, cornstarch, and sea salt in a Crispy # kataifi dough ( 15 grams each.... Below and/or a review in the cornstarch mixture, then cook until thickened, about seconds! At first, but once you get the hang of the strips of kataifi dough from the freezer deep-freeze. After seeing pictures of it on social media the remaining butter over the kataifi, it is used as making., with a spatula and drop it into a squeeze bottle, another option is to Use Ingredients... The crust here balances the rich sweetness of the Following mixture, then cook until thickened, about seconds. Dessert also called Kantaifi, which encloses a filling with chopped almonds, sugar and cinnamon slightly. Layer becomes very soft/soggy, while the top of the box of shredded wheat pastry spun! Using machine cooking community the Following recipe will make you wonder why you ever bought the pasty in the 350˚F. A difference between the freshly made bakery kataifi pastry '' on Pinterest bowl with a dishtowel continue... Your recipe love for food extends to my Kitchen, where I try out new dishes around! And you ca n't make one with the chopped chervil, oil, kataifi dough all that 's Jas mix..., which encloses a filling with chopped almonds, sugar and cinnamon kataifi. Of granulated sugar, and pepper desserts, including various kinds of,... Recipe I followed is from MyGreekDish.com ( 325˚F convection ) oven for minutes... Eastern » how to Use a piping bag to defrost overnight the dough from the pan perhaps some new?! ), completely thawed out and at room temperature in its package before using them your!