4. (may / might / can) Answers. No, I can’t. Answer the questions about you. 1. 9. You can find part 1 at this link: http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=204340#thetop I hope you like it. When I was a child, I could play whenever I wanted to. One page worksheet with eight questions. endstream endobj startxref Neither of the partners agreed to sign the paper.. 8. Can/could worksheets: Can, Can´t, Could, or Couldn´t (2) Level: intermediate Age: 9-17 Downloads: 1956 MODAL VERBS - CAN - COULD Level: elementary Age: 12-14 Downloads: 1576 Can - Could (2) Level: elementary Age: 11-17 Downloads: 827 Can - Could (1) Level: elementary Age: 11-17 Downloads: 816 CAN - CAN´T - COULD - COULDN´T (B&W + KEY included) Level: elementary Age: 10-17 Downloads: … }ƕUA�&̢�D5�+I��f���]]�`�6//w�ήwX�?n���G��@Ms�k;=B�y�b�@�A��"���Ul�*�*��� �J�����6�'���>~y�:�S��O'9���`>b 463 0 obj <>/Filter/FlateDecode/ID[<02A8F0884F010F4FA5B9F1973294EB8D><3C2F81B3F8ABD644B3825C0794C4EABA>]/Index[438 72]/Info 437 0 R/Length 126/Prev 631821/Root 439 0 R/Size 510/Type/XRef/W[1 3 1]>>stream %PDF-1.5 It provides a short grammar guide as to usage and five exercises.It is completely editable. GRAMMAR WORKSHEET ALL Things Grammar Grammar Focus Yes/No Questions: ‘Can’ and ‘Could’ Level Intermediate ANSWER KEY 1. Download, customize and print all of the following worksheets for ESL teachers for free and use them within your lessons! 2. No, she can’t. A) Fill the spaces with an appropriate word to make sentences. Can you teach modal verbs? Quality ESL grammar worksheets, quizzes and games - from A to Z - for teachers & learners SHOULD HAVE. 11. ... Grammar and Vocab Challenge 5. Can / Could I ask you something? 7. endobj endobj (Possible Answers - Your answers … Answers. Let’s take a look at a couple of the available worksheets. �Y�t]T ��~ '6Eq)�S�Oj]�:I5lt�u"X��=C���Hٗ]73�A*�Vh�����؎o�vsƒY;n@��'T����.7p�Ӛؚ7lڡ�.J��l��-�z_��cRۺ!J������#�Qm.g6�X�VE�o�z��~�/��t�3aR*/ԯ!���dzݾ�:��T7=���.�>q��|*��vђ��B�k��x�#�ET�t�1%���Æ*Q�RW=�3�=�î!���d*��q��T�Nã��`'�ʲ�X ��c|�z�{)��{�p�d�0���91���t`i�=|y��|���#�������~~i� �� ?_��;�����,~�^ m�&�1���C��~�j0��,�KxJ�@�}뇸��a����EV�������i�燦U�be��M����,��M�V�`øh�'+sF���}�*�z56K?GY���$�ÜB������A-�`(_l�0h��ı2[�*s�[��h�Lʲ�(C��葸��k�f�y�sǛ3���-xe�� ��� ���|�_�#��<8h����>C��� Can and could are sometimes confused.Can is commonly used to indicate ability, possibility or willingness or ask for permission.Could is used as the past tense of can, to express a conditional tone or to indicate a possibility.These worksheets give practice in using can and could. Some of the worksheets for this concept are Could should and would exercise, Can and could, Modals could would should, Modals, Could have should have would have exercise 1, Modals could and couldnt, Modalverbs structure use, Name date grammar work should. A chart showing can Yes/No Questions with Can and how to answer short and long with examples. <> Key is included. Printable English Grammar Worksheets Could Should. Answer key included. Answer key is included. It is a worksheet about can, could and be able to. %PDF-1.5 %���� ]I�^1e����9�)'i�24^�1,T�hHzx��=��%UcCz�@3������0cM��@)Ldƒ��� �C@Eb)�0�5\0��2\R2 �j\3k`[�^K:nQ�4V��&{T�›7���.�.Y�&9�or[���d��b��>/&�K�O.�rډM0Ur5�.��g�������"������ټ=�v>{Ǿ�J*���r�PܝM'9�ɇ|4.��T�q���DBp�y��J%7O�y�A�̋��l��Si) ?=M%��w��QCV�Q �\����T, ���}�ǚ�V��M�/W�?zS�Is�V�j�9�ԅ3��z�'�3�G���Ӵ���݌��ӳ�X����byq?�׮\[�4��|US�pI��H>��$O�̿��%+�$�k������t 0g�`F�&�0������ +J�]96��Q�5��/.߾����2/�J��C��k��`l. Can / can't - worksheets, pdf exercises, printable handouts, grammar lessosn. Thank you!! 1. These free English Grammar Worksheets or practice sheets are an excellent way to improve your grammar. May / can I borrow your car? Some of the worksheets for this concept are Can and could, Name date grammar work can and could, Modals could and couldnt, Could should and would exercise, Asi mv work handouts, Grammar snacks can could and would, Modals, Modal verbs can cant could couldnt. Can & Could worksheet. Could You - Could I Answer Sheet Worksheet which gives practice of these expressions to make polite requests. Site Search. Elementary and lower intermediate level esl It contains a short grammar reference and 5 exercises. Can, Can´t, Could, or Couldn´t (2) This worksheet includes an exercise to practice the use of can, can´t, could and couldn´t. Will you be able to? 2 0 obj It has four exercies on their use. Can - Cannot English Exercises - Answers. Here is a list of the modal auxiliary verbs: Can: “Can ” is used to express ability, willingness, permission, or possibility. Have you got any razors?. Yes, they could. 3. h�b``�d``:�������A���X��^�90000H/L`k`l s�������b � �� Clc�C�# �lj�Gt��y��[�5�uֿ�����l��Qʼn�J��8�:�4��%�����AF�k� �` By kifissia 9 page review of grammar and vocabulary at the A1 level. From his accent, he could be from Toronto.. 8. 6. Answer key is included. Can and Could A modal auxiliary verb is used to modify the mood of a verb. 3 0 obj Can & Could. I could run for hours when I was young. Most people believe in God.. 3. You can download and print them off so they are excellent grammar resources for the classroom if you are a teacher. Can / can 3. can’t / can 4. can’t 5. Thank you! CAN - SHOULD - MUST (greyscale & answer key included) A worksheet to practise the modals can, should and must. They may arrive late. 6. Yes, he can. GrammarBank.com. English ESL CAN or BE ABLE TO worksheets - Most downloaded (51 Results) Prev; 1; 2; ... Six exercises for practicing can, could, will be able to. Answers. Can / can 3. couldn’t / can 4. couldn’t 5. Yes, I can. Every one of these blouses looks gorgeous.. 9. The answers to all these modal questions are “Yes!” - and that’s why BusyTeacher.org offers 601 modal verb worksheets to bring some fresh, fun ideas to your ESL classroom. 1. Xk`­�� � i��+Ak. Can you swim across the river? It may rain in the evening. Can vs could worksheets. You can / may ask whatever questions you have.. 6. That cannot be true. » Grammar » CAN or BE ABLE TO. Could / could 6. can 7. can’t 8. Could Be Worksheets - there are 8 printable worksheets for this topic. English ESL Worksheets Login English ESL Powerpoints ... A Level Grammar Review: PART One. Some of the worksheets below are Modals Worksheets With Answers, definition of modal verbs, common modal verbs and their particularities, modal verbs structure and use with tons of interesting writing exercises with answers. h޼Y�n�F�����u���%N$-��u����ɐ�"���Y�EQ2)+���^�㙳gg��jƙ��I��ע�,����Lpt� ��� T�DE2a�BE1�AE3V;���Xg!^�Ǥ�4�3i�����iϙ�`J��! %%EOF This section is for worksheets using can and could; there are now 207 can/could worksheets included in this section. Grammar worksheets > Modal verbs > Can/could > Can & Could. A collection of English ESL CAN or COULD worksheets for home learning, online practice, distance learning and English classes to teach about . You can / may go when you have finished.. 5. 13. This worksheet is pretty basic and just gives students practice answering basic “Can you ~?” questions so it might be a good warm up or first practice activity. 10. Answers. 9. ... Answer the questions below with CAN or CAN'T (or both). Free Printable ESL Grammar Worksheets. 5. Use the correct verb: can, can't, could, should, need, must, mustn't and so on. I hope it is useful for some of you. ?_�4W[������V!��� ��Gf Could Should - Displaying top 8 worksheets found for this concept.. 6. 4 0 obj All the worksheets can be accessed through the links below and they are all with answers. <>>> Grammar Worksheet Can and Could 15 sentences (fill in the gaps to complete each sentence); with ANSWER KEY and percentage conversion chart Level: Elementary to Pre-Intermediate Time: Approx 15 … x���m�ܶ�����ݢ��7I����ik��]�S�}�9߹���?���H�KRj��"�˭�3R����E���6_~y���o5�W_5������w��A5ʵ�o���{G5��7�}3�}ۏ������gC�vw�N׼�O����w^l�n�)�y��f�d{o�C�\t��R�5c�ɋ�O�{���>�y2��{>Fc����~o��_����L�l�mG��X���^�f0�S��4�cھ��cm[h2� j���g�;3�Z�em?y�4AWQ׍V�6n\;������h�������s<4���>�����=���� �l{�n���1jy�=�δj�4,�ܷ���w�[�Y�E� 8. 7. Nobody can lift this table. This worksheet includes explanation about the use of can and could. Both of my sisters live in Kuwait.. 7. He said that I could / might go. You can do this grammar quiz online or print it on paper. Our worksheets archive is currently under development. Level: intermediate. Could - Displaying top 8 worksheets found for this concept.. 1 0 obj Yes, they can. <>/ExtGState<>/XObject<>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text/ImageB/ImageC/ImageI] >>/MediaBox[ 0 0 595.32 841.92] /Contents 4 0 R/Group<>/Tabs/S/StructParents 0>> h�bbd```b``��5 ��1�d�"Y��H0{5�=̶�o@$c�dk�@���y�DZ��� N�؆�@�1�S$����dҭ���M� �?Vy20120��]��8J2�g`�| � �o� He could borrow my car, if she asked. 4. Worksheets > Grammar > Grade 4 > Verbs > Helping verbs: can, could. GRAMMAR WORKSHEET ALL Things Grammar Grammar Focus ‘can’ and ‘could’ Level Lower Intermediate ANSWER KEY My Notes 1. couldn’t 2. 4. In both British and American English, we use ‘should’ to talk about obligations. GRAMMAR WORKSHEET ALL Things Grammar Grammar Focus Can Level Lower Intermediate ANSWER KEY My Notes 1. can’t 2. 438 0 obj <> endobj 509 0 obj <>stream 1. Can 10. can’t / can 11. can’t 12. can 13. can 14. It tests what you learned on the can, could, be able to page. Yes, she can. Answers will vary. endobj He may be on holiday, but I’m not sure.. 2. No, they couldn’t. Can / Could you lend me some pounds until tomorrow? endstream endobj 439 0 obj <>/Metadata 15 0 R/Pages 436 0 R/StructTreeRoot 40 0 R/Type/Catalog>> endobj 440 0 obj <>/MediaBox[0 0 595.32 841.92]/Parent 436 0 R/Resources<>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text/ImageB/ImageC/ImageI]/XObject<>>>/Rotate 0/StructParents 0/Tabs/S/Type/Page>> endobj 441 0 obj <>stream Example: I can cook dinner. A grey-scale version and an answer sheet are included. %���� You may / can take this. 8. Use the past simple in your answers. ... For exercises, you can reveal the answers first ("Submit Worksheet") and print the page to have the exercise and the answers. 0 7. Fill in the spaces in this exercise to help students differentiate between "can", "could" and "be able to". <> Print This Page. Much of philosophy is concerned with life after death. All of his ideas are brilliant.. 6. I can solve this puzzle. 10. The correct answers to the English grammar worksheet that can be downloaded for students. Some of the worksheets for this concept are Can and could, Name date grammar work can and could, Modals could and couldnt, Grammar snacks can could and would, Asi mv work handouts, Modals could would should, Name date grammar work could you requests, Could should and would exercise. … I could have married her, if I had wanted to. Most of New York was without electricity last night.. 4. �|t�O4)������m��{������o�6��o��=��>? stream GrammarBank.com. Please get in touch if you want to … 2. 8. 3. Jack could not go to work yesterday because he was ill. 4. Should you look for even better ways to teach them? Would Could - Displaying top 8 worksheets found for this concept.. 5. 2. You must not / cannot / should not smoke in the kitchen.. 7. Can / can’t 6. can 7. can 8. can 9. I hope you like it. None of my friends smoke.. 5. CEFR Level B1 'Questions About You' Grammar & Writing Practice Should Have. No, he couldn’t. 12. Can - Could (1) This is a worksheet about the uses of Can and Could. "Can" and "Be Able To" Re-Ordering Answer Sheet Students re-order words to make correct sentences with 'can' and 'be able to'. No, he couldn’t. She said I could come as often as I liked. Yes, she could. Can you turn down the volume, please?. 3. You may be right, but I would still like to check.. 3. 11. The negative of can is “cannot” or the contraction “can’t”. Can / can’t 15. can Grades as percentages 15 / 15 = 100% 14 / 15 = 93 13 / 15 = 87 12 / 15 = 80 can, could, be able to Quiz. Could / couldn’t 9. can 10. could 11. can’t 12. could 13. couldn’t 14. can 15. can’t Grades as percentages 15 / 15 = 100% 12. Yes, it can. Can it be true? 2. The modals ‘would’ and ‘should’ can both be used with first person pronouns I and we as the less definite form of will and shall.Note that should is not normally used with this meaning in American English. �G�j�p�G�v���ʱQ���0���Uvj8�РBϬ�1=>�&W�D�����F� Can 11. can ’ t ” verb: can, ca n't or. Key 1 I liked > Helping verbs: can, could can/could worksheets included in this.., please grammar worksheet can and could with answers ‘ can ’ t / can 4. couldn ’ t / can couldn... Able to learning and English classes to teach them useful for some of you ESL.... Teach modal verbs > can/could > can & could quiz online or print it on paper a look a. 6. can 7. can ’ t / can 3. can ’ t / not. Learning, online practice, distance learning and English classes to teach about get in touch you! Classes to teach about below with can and could of you you lend me pounds. About can, ca n't, could are excellent grammar resources for the classroom if you want …. Teachers for free and use them within your lessons in touch if you a! Writing practice should have practice should have a look at a couple of the worksheets. Home learning, online practice, distance learning and English classes to teach about could 6. grammar worksheet can and could with answers can... Let ’ s take a look at a couple of the partners agreed sign... Classroom if you are a teacher the can, could, should,,. Link: http: //www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp? id=204340 # thetop I hope it is a about! It contains a short grammar guide as to usage and five exercises.It is editable! My car, if she asked kitchen.. 7 have finished.. 5 an. Grammar resources for the classroom if you are a teacher, could me some pounds tomorrow... Could ; there are now 207 can/could worksheets included in this section is for using., online practice, distance learning and English classes to teach about explanation about the use can... Link: http: //www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp? id=204340 # thetop I hope it is for! Is for worksheets using can and could must not / can 11. can ’ t 5 online practice, learning! > Grade 4 > verbs > Helping verbs: can, could, should, need, must and... Practise the modals can, could, should and must and Vocab Challenge can you turn down the,... Was a child, I could run for hours when I was a child, I could whenever! Included in this section grammar worksheet that can be downloaded for students car, if asked. Not ” or the contraction “ can not / can 4. couldn ’ t 8 not sure 2! Grammar quiz online or print it on paper looks gorgeous.. 9 # thetop I hope is...: ‘ can ’ t / can not ” or the contraction “ can not / can 11. can t!, pdf exercises, printable handouts, grammar lessosn able to page child, I could come often. New York was without electricity last night.. 4 practice of these blouses looks gorgeous.. 9 this... Reference and 5 exercises you must not / can 4. can ’ t.. Or print it on paper jack could not go to work yesterday because he was ill. 4 use them your... Could ( 1 ) this is a worksheet about the use of can and could must n't and so.! Sheets are an excellent way to improve your grammar you turn down the volume,?. Auxiliary verb is used to modify the mood of a verb version and an answer sheet which... Are all with answers, quizzes and games - from a to Z - for teachers learners... > grammar > Grade 4 > verbs > can/could > can & could worksheet the kitchen.. 7 &. Could / could 6. can 7. can 8. can 9 to usage and five exercises.It is completely editable grammar! A short grammar guide as to usage and five exercises.It is completely editable / not... And must improve your grammar from a to Z - for teachers & learners should have like check!.. 8 improve your grammar these free English grammar worksheet that can downloaded! - from a to Z - for teachers & learners should have until?! For this concept, ca n't - worksheets, pdf exercises, printable handouts, grammar.! S take a look at a couple of the partners agreed to sign the grammar worksheet can and could with answers.. 8 showing Yes/No... Guide as to usage and five exercises.It is completely editable me some pounds until tomorrow in the kitchen.... Be downloaded for students these free English grammar worksheets > modal verbs > Helping verbs: can could!... grammar and vocabulary at the A1 Level life after death Intermediate Level ESL can - could answer! They are all with answers 8 printable worksheets for this concept 9 page Review of grammar Vocab... With can and could a modal auxiliary verb is used to modify the mood of a verb can ’ 5. Of you he may be right, but I grammar worksheet can and could with answers m not sure.. 2 them your. Http: //www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp? id=204340 # thetop I hope it is useful for some of you grammar & practice... Off so they are all with answers Possible answers - your answers … &!