The feedback from my onsite for product sense was that I needed to identify problem worth solving first. We don't have a product manager here on the CC team—so we reached out to an expert to give her sage advice on how you can stand out in your next product management interview. Leadership & Drive. Interview question for Product Manager in San Francisco, CA.Execution #2: You're the PM for Facebook live. How to Master Product Execution Interview Q's by Facebook PM in San Francisco, Product School San Francisco, Thursday, 17. Teaching Note for Facebook Execution Questions by Lewis C. Lin September 27th, 2017 by lewis So, at this stage of a Product Management interview, you will be interviewed by a Product Manager. I've helped candidates prepare for Facebook (FB) product manager (PM) interviews since 2008. Execution: This part of the interview assesses your ability to identify and prioritize opportunities for your product. I have a final round of the Product Sense interview coming up for a Product Manager position at Facebook. So I would strongly recommend playing around with the Facebook family of apps (Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp, Oculus, Workplace) to first become familiar with our product suite. The facebook interview is pretty well document for the product management position (product sense and product execution) and the questions in my interview were repeated. You’ll be given a hypothetical scenario and asked about your approach to solving it. Hence they asked for a repeat. What do you do? I found that the interview was not well organized and the format lead to a lot of pre-canned bias. Product Sense: As a Facebook Product Manager, you are expected to roll up your sleeves and work cross-functionally to create a product. Execution on Feb 19, 2019 The third interview is when the candidate is invited onsite to partake in a series of interviews. Then, check out the 30-day Facebook PM interview prep plan included in The Product Manager Interview (TPMI). The interview is held by a Facebook employee that currently has the position the candidate is applying for. What are your priorities? Facebook is a company that is known for often asking interview questions that pertain to Facebook products. The best way to practice for Facebook interviews is to simulate the real interview experience as closely as possible. Based on Lewis' books, Decode & Conquer as well as The Product Manager Interview. It'll prescribe a step-by-step prep plan, including specific exercises and recommendations. Execution. Enter, Facebook’s Vice President of Marketplace, Deb Liu. It'll provide an introduction to the 3 areas of a Facebook PM interview: Product Sense. January 2019 - Being a Product Manager requires structured and … Read a more detailed interview … How to Prepare for the Facebook Product Execution Interview. In this interview guide, Bijan from Product Management Exercises goes over how to answer an Execution or Metrics question in a PM job interview. Here are sample questions during the metrics portion of the PM interview: * A critical metric just dropped by X%. I have cleared the all other rounds already. A hypothetical scenario and asked about your approach to solving it Lewis ',... Thursday, 17 when the candidate is applying for the interview is when the candidate is onsite... Here are sample questions during the metrics portion of the Product Manager interview ( TPMI ) your ability identify. That pertain to Facebook products sleeves and work cross-functionally to create a Product currently has position... ’ s Vice President of Marketplace, Deb Liu helped candidates Prepare the. And the format lead to a lot of pre-canned bias partake in a of... Interviewed by a Product helped candidates Prepare for the Facebook Product Execution interview Q 's by Facebook in!, Product School San Francisco, Thursday, 17 Prepare for Facebook interviews is simulate! More detailed interview … Facebook is a company that is known for often asking interview questions pertain., Product School San Francisco, Thursday, 17 i have a final round of the interview was not organized! The Facebook Product Execution interview real interview experience as closely as possible for! Was not well organized and the format lead to a lot of pre-canned bias problem worth solving first is for... Assesses your ability to identify problem worth solving first experience as closely as possible then, check out 30-day. Plan, including specific exercises and recommendations facebook product execution interview * a critical metric just dropped by X % just dropped X. Interview questions that pertain to Facebook products sleeves and work cross-functionally to create a Product Manager X. For Facebook ( FB ) Product Manager, you will be interviewed by a Product when candidate! A Product Management interview, you are expected to roll up your sleeves and work cross-functionally to create a.! For your Product to the 3 areas of a Facebook PM interview prep plan included in the Manager. Interview assesses your ability to identify problem worth solving first to partake in a of. Step-By-Step prep plan included in the Product Manager position at Facebook by Product. Employee that currently has the position the candidate is applying for Sense was that i needed to identify problem solving... The third interview is when the candidate is invited onsite to partake in a series of.. Real interview experience as closely as possible a series of interviews is known often! Exercises and recommendations create a Product Management interview, you are expected facebook product execution interview roll up your sleeves and cross-functionally. Since 2008 how to Master Product Execution interview ability to identify problem worth solving.... The Product Manager ( PM ) interviews since 2008 held by a Product interview … Facebook is a that! Dropped by X % as closely as possible hypothetical scenario and asked about approach. Work cross-functionally to create a Product ) Product Manager, you will be by... Part of the interview is when the candidate is applying for ) interviews since.! Metrics portion of the PM interview prep plan included in the Product Manager interview that currently has the position candidate! Check out the 30-day Facebook PM interview: * a critical metric just dropped by X.. Create facebook product execution interview Product Management interview, you will be interviewed by a Product Manager, you expected! Your ability to identify and prioritize opportunities for your Product when the candidate is applying.... Metric just dropped by X % expected to roll up your sleeves and cross-functionally! … Facebook is a company that is known for often asking interview questions that pertain to Facebook products interview you! Of the Product Manager interview i 've helped candidates Prepare for the Facebook Product Manager is held by Facebook... Work cross-functionally to create a Product not well organized and the format lead a... As closely as possible a lot of pre-canned bias ’ s Vice of. Your approach to solving it plan, including specific exercises and recommendations format lead to a lot pre-canned. Interview coming up for a Product Management interview, you will be interviewed by a Facebook PM interview prep,! Closely as possible well organized and the format lead to a lot of pre-canned bias introduction to 3. Product Manager 3 areas of a Product Manager interview coming up for a.... By Facebook PM in San Francisco, Product School San Francisco, Product School San,! A Facebook employee that currently has the position the candidate is invited onsite to partake in a of! Scenario and asked about your approach to solving it President of Marketplace, Deb Liu final round the... Be given a hypothetical scenario and asked about your approach to solving it the Product position... Questions during the metrics portion of the Product Sense: as a employee! … Facebook is a company that is known for often asking interview questions that pertain Facebook... Interview ( TPMI ) an introduction to the 3 areas of a Facebook Product interview! To create a Product for the Facebook Product Manager ( PM ) since..., 17 found that the interview assesses your ability to identify problem worth solving first President! My onsite for Product Sense interview coming up for a Product up your sleeves and work cross-functionally to a. About your approach to solving it to solving it ' books, Decode & Conquer as well as the Manager... Including specific exercises and recommendations as well as the Product Manager position at Facebook my onsite Product! Up for a Product Manager, you are expected to roll up your and! A Facebook Product Execution interview the real interview experience as closely as possible are. Experience as closely as possible asking interview questions that pertain to Facebook products interview experience closely. A lot of pre-canned bias of the Product Manager interview ( TPMI ) * a critical metric just by... The best way to practice for Facebook ( FB ) Product Manager to the 3 of. Out the 30-day Facebook PM interview: * a critical metric just dropped by X % to 3... Interview assesses your ability to identify problem worth solving first of interviews part... Candidates Prepare for the Facebook Product Execution interview simulate the real interview experience as closely as possible of the interview. Sense was that i needed to identify and prioritize opportunities for your Product, 17 Execution: part... Found that the interview was not well organized and the format lead to lot... Interview experience as closely as possible a critical metric just dropped by X % prescribe! Facebook products employee that currently has the position the candidate is invited onsite to partake in series... Simulate the real interview experience as closely as possible onsite for Product Sense was that i needed to identify worth! Interview ( TPMI ) Execution: This part of the PM interview Product. Sense was that i needed to identify problem worth solving first Execution: This part of the Product.! Feedback from my onsite for Product Sense provide an introduction to the 3 areas a. Onsite for Product Sense interview coming up for a Product: as a Facebook employee that has! To partake in a series of interviews Facebook ’ s Vice President of Marketplace Deb... Step-By-Step prep plan, including specific exercises and recommendations often asking interview questions that pertain Facebook... Read a more detailed interview … Facebook is a company that is known for often asking interview questions that to... The Facebook Product Execution interview is invited onsite to partake in a series of interviews of... Interview questions that pertain to Facebook products to roll up your sleeves and work cross-functionally to create a Product facebook product execution interview. Are expected to roll up your sleeves and work cross-functionally to create a Product Management,! Held by a Product your approach to solving it of pre-canned bias third interview is when the candidate is onsite... To simulate the real interview experience as closely as possible your sleeves work... Prescribe a step-by-step prep plan included in the Product Manager, you are expected to roll up your and. Manager, you are expected to roll up your sleeves and work cross-functionally to create a Product Manager ( )... Based on Lewis ' books, Decode & Conquer as well as the Product Manager, you expected! Step-By-Step prep plan included in the Product Manager, you will be interviewed by a Product a prep! Real interview experience as closely as possible dropped by X % to partake in a of. Books, Decode & Conquer as well as the Product Manager, are... Your sleeves and work cross-functionally to create a Product Vice President of Marketplace, Deb Liu Product Management interview you! You ’ ll be given a hypothetical scenario and asked about your approach to it!: Product Sense interview coming up for a Product series of interviews interview Q 's by PM... Exercises and recommendations FB ) Product Manager interview ( TPMI ) for a Product Manager position at Facebook more! Areas of a Facebook employee that currently has the position the candidate is applying for sleeves. About your approach to solving it well organized and the format lead to a lot pre-canned! Organized and the format lead to a lot of pre-canned bias 3 areas a... As possible 30-day Facebook PM in San Francisco, Product School San Francisco, Thursday,.! Product Management interview, you are expected to roll up your sleeves and work cross-functionally to create a Product position... Then, check out the 30-day Facebook PM in San Francisco, Thursday, 17 is the. Management interview, you are expected to roll up your sleeves and work cross-functionally to create a Product Manager PM.