I tasted this it was good. Our quick cooking version of an Italian favorite uses cream of mushroom soup to ensure moist and flavorful chicken that's accented with fresh baby spinach and Parmesan cheese. i might also add garlic to the vegetables and some crushed red pepper. Thanks for the recipe, it turned out delicious! Fresh out of the oven, I thought it was still a little runny and that next time I'd halve the milk too. This recipe made for great comfort food, but it didn't really wow me. Thought it was good. Chicken Florentine bathed in a Parmesan garlic cream sauce on your table in just over 30 minutes! I hadn't read the reviews prior to making this, but next time I will kick it up a bit with some of my favorite seasonings, and may add some Italian sausage to it too! I will definitely be making this again. Remove the chicken out of the pan and cover it so it stays warm. Learn how to make this creamy chicken pasta in garlic spinach cheese sauce. Everyone loved it! Delicious! It will be a make again dish in my house. Drain and set aside. I made this as written (except the oregano because I didnt have any) and it was delicious. Loved this recipe. Did enjoy it. Also sauteed some fresh garlic in with all the other items. My teenage daughter said "Mom, this canNOT be good for us!" My only complaint was that I could have eaten A LOT more than one serving's worth (about a cup). It does make a ton so we froze half of it. This creamy chicken florentine pasta is ready in 30 minutes – tender pieces of chicken, shell pasta that really scoops up the sauce and garlicky spinach in a creamy sauce. Copyright © 2020 My Food Story on the Cookd Pro Theme. used mushroom soup instead of cr of chicken. This recipe would be a winner if it included salt and pepper, which every non-dessert recipe should include in my opinion. But, it's a great dish and would definitely make it again. Mix cream cheese spread, milk and garlic powder until blended. I also left the cottage cheese whole and used whole wheat penne. Chicken Florentine Pasta. Absolutely delicious! Took 35 minutes to bubble and brown. could use more spinach. I was really disappointed in this dish. I know many people try making a bechamel and feel like they can’t get a smooth consistency, so I’ve kept it really simple. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. I used a half of a leftover rotisserie chicken the second time I made it, that definitely saved on time. In the same pan, add 2 Tbsp butter, 3 Tbsp flour and pressed garlic then whisk 2 min. I think the red peppers combined with the parmesan are what give it the unexpected flavor. I forgot to add milk and cream of chicken soup, but didn't miss it at all. As one who prefers pasta dishes to rice dishes, this won't as long to make in my house, nor will it takes as many prep dishes. I forgot to thaw the chicken so that didn't make it in the dish but it was good without it. Even got my veggie-hating husband to eat spinach! Required fields are marked *. And so can Denver. Add buttered pasta, a salad and a bottle of your favorite wine. My whole family loved it, even my daughter who doesn't like mushrooms and spinach!! Needs garlic and basil. or until … Quick and easy to make. This Chicken Florentine is a comforting, quick and easy one-pot wonder that the whole family will be raving about. I added more cheese than what the recipee called for but I absolutely loved it! Prepared recipe as directed. it's just got enough to do to make them feel like they really worked at it, but it's always wonderful!! I also didn't process the cottage cheese. I followed some of the suggestions of other reviewers. But it was so good! Other ingredients blend together for a rich, creamy flavor. Very, very good. Will definitely make this again. It was very yummy. Have made this a few times now, as written with one change - I don't like cream of chicken soup (too salty and those scary looking bits of chicken); I used the low sodium cream of mushroom soup. Dig in! It's absolutely delicious. my only complaints were that it was a bit soupy and bland- next time i will probably use less cream of chicken soup and omit the milk. One Pot Creamy Chicken Mushroom Florentine | The Recipe Critic - Used dried oregano instead of fresh, and subbed half dried Italian seasonings. Add spinach and stir until wilted (1 min). Delicious! It is delicious and creamy without it! Cheesy and creamy - the perfect comfort food. Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions till al dente. There was an odd taste that I just couldn't get passed. I used dried oregano and baby bellas for the mushrooms and used a Costco Rotisserie chicken for the shredded chicken. I’m just so into this. Recently made this for my whole family during a large family vacation - what a hit! A LOT of dairy product, and the Campbells soup is pretty bad. Other wise this would be great. I want some right now:), It's a good recipe that could be great . Very easy, and very good. To a blender, add cream cheese, cashew milk, Parmesan, 1/2 cup of reserved pasta cooking water, and remaining 1/2 tsp. I usually add a bit more milk just to thin the sauce a little. - Mushroom soup instead of chicken Dig in! Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. I didn't use fresh oregano, so I think I'm going to try that and add zucchini and maybe yellow bell peppers next time. Everything else was as recipe listed. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Creamy Sun-dried Tomato Chicken with Pasta, Creamy Lemon Mushroom Kale Linguine Pasta. Either way, this penne pasta casserole is definitely worth sharing. MyRecipes.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. This was delicious. I was starving after eating it. These sound delicious, I am going to make them, hopefully I don't mess them up, and they taste just as good as they sound and look. Used what I had available: store roasted chicken cubed, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, reconstituted shitake mushrooms, Cabot 75% reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, skim milk, rehydrated dried red bell pepper and onions. Maybe it was simply the canned cream of chicken soup that one can always taste when it's called for in a recipe. Dish had a depth of flavor that my family loved. ». i used whole wheat penne, and subbed chicken broth for milk because I didn't have any. Not really impressed for something that is supposed to be tasty and light. This is really one of my favorite retro chicken dishes and I figured it was time to turn it into a pasta recipe. Again drawing your attention to that pool of sauce that is just enough but a little extra so that every bite is saucy and you are not deprived. Tried a recipe I found online for homemade varieties of cream of soups- it was well worth the extra trouble. From chips and dip to one-bite apps, finger foods are the perfect way to kick off a party. This recipe is a keeper. Really liked the recipe, but modified it a bit. I did not really like this recipe. I'll be making this one again. Vegetable Pakoras – Super crispy GF fritters that disappear in minutes! Used 3 chicken breasts cut in strips and marinated in McCormick's grill mates (tomatoe, garlic, basil) then grilled on the stove top. Place cottage cheese in a food processor; process until very smooth. I think the veggies need to be sauteed a little longer - I like my casserole veggies to be pretty soft and these were fairly al dente. Cover and stand 2 minutes. I did make some changes, but I don't think it altered the recipe so much that I can't comment. I used Italian seasoning instead of just oregano. I would eat this everyday if I could. Added some extra cheese, but reduced the amount of cheddar, making up for it with italian blend, the parmesan, and some fresh asiago. Stir in Knorr® Pasta Sides™ - Creamy Chicken flavor, cover; reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes or until pasta is tender. Absolutely Kom! Not a dish I would make again. My son loved it! No substitutions. Really good, satisfied my craving for a creamy chicken casserole. My friend and her family loved it. Some seasoning/herb to convince me to make again. this was a tasty recipe, definitely a good one if cooking for a crowd. I followed this recipe all the way through, substituting GF penne pasta for the regular and making my own cream of chicken soup (found a recipe that worked really well!). Once the spinach has wilted, add cream cheese and heavy cream. You can either make this dish over the stovetop, or in your pressure cooker. It was very tasty and very hard to only eat 1 serving. It's easy to make and tastes fantastic. I think I'll add more oregano and maybe a few red pepper flakes. 2 cups chicken stock 8 ounces bow tie pasta (uncooked) 4 ounces cream cheese ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated (more for garnish) 4 ounces shredded Italian cheese blend or shredded … highly recommend! Place cooked chicken on a plate and cover with foil to keep it warm. Chicken Florentine with Parmesan Cheese Treat your loved one to this delicious chicken entree topped in a cream sauce with spinach and parmesan cheese. Sadly, this is not the case. I loved this recipe! Great dish, and I will make again. Just simple, comforting, creamy pasta with sun dried tomato cream sauce that helps people like me win at life. It may look impressive and taste phenomenal but it’s deceptively simple to make with pantry friendly ingredients all in one pan. You would not know that it was in the recipe. Super good! Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large non … I don't like mushrooms, so I omitted those. There is some prep time with this so I wouldn't consider it a meal to whip up on a busy night, but now that I've made it, I will prep the stuff earlier. It was tastey though. Would be ideal to prep the night before and then bake after work. Be sure your noodles are cooked just UNDER al dente or they will get mushy! I have a lot of friends who intentionally make vegetarian dinners on a weekly basis but for us, we like chicken pastas more than almost any other comfort dish.. Overall I thought this was a good recipe -- creamy and filling without feeling too rich. I loved this when I made it, the only changes I made was; I sauteed the peppers and onions until very soft before adding the mushrooms, and after adding the spinach I added salt and pepper but omitted the oregano I don't think it needs it. Wow! This chicken florentine pasta is a 30 minute dinner recipe that's absolutely perfect for weeknights. I've been making it for years! I think kids would go for this too. also added fresh garlic. Very good. I subbed in canned tomatoes and chopped zucchini for the mushrooms and red peppers. Everybody understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the table after a long day. The pasta cooking is about 8 minutes maximum and the saute another 10 minutes once all the vegetables are chopped up. 1 PREPARE Knorr® Pasta Sides™ - Butter flavor according to package directions stirring in cream cheese, spinach and chicken during last 2 minutes of cook time. I may add chopped artichokes next time. I had chicken in the freezer, and used that. I’m switching this up by cutting the chicken into bite sized pieces, keeping the same sauce and tossing together the pasta, chicken and spinach in it. I live in Bangalore, India with my husband Denver, who looks after the tech behind the blog, and happily samples everything you see on it! chicken breast, chicken florentine, comfort food, creamy sauce, italian chicken pasta recipe, pasta dinner, spinach sauce. Also pretty time consuming and uses lots of dishes as well as a processor. Used regular sharp cheddar, 1.5% cottage cheese, half can of reg cream of chicken soup that I diluted, 1/4 cup milk. Excellent pasta casserole. I won't make it again. I used whole wheat penne noodles. If you’ve never tried chicken florentine, the sauce of a chicken florentine, which is baked casserole dish is usually made with either flour and milk, or cream mixed with garlic, parmesan and italian seasoning. My husband even commented it tasted like tuna casserole. Your email address will not be published. You'd never know in a million years it was healthy. My heart skips a beat everytime I think about this recipe. I just added the chicken, pasta & sauce and put that in the oven. So I’m always looking for new ways to cook with it and this is my favorite these days! I'll make it again to see if adding something with a bit of tang to it will liven it up a little. Heat olive oil and butter in a pan and add chopped garlic. I first made it for myself and my 10 year old (who isn't a fan of vegetables). and it's so easy to adjust the ingrediants to fit everyones taste. Your email address will not be published. Here are a couple tips: 1) don't bother pureeing the cottage cheese. With all of the veggies that go into this, you'd think it would be bursting with flavor. This is a keeper.. I used ricotta cheese instead of cottage cheese and I didn't process the cheese. There is definitely something lacking, and it is not worth the extensive amount of time and effort I put into making this. It’s everything that’s comfort food for dinner on a weeknight! That avoided the soupiness other reviewers reported. They loved it. It was excellent. I think the soup ruins it. I’ve picked up their love for food along the way, and with this blog, I share my food story with you. Good consistency, creamy, crunchy; really good as leftovers when I added cayenne. © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. I made all of these changes mostly to save time, and add a little more flavor, and it really came together relatively fast. I did not rinse cooked pasta as some reviewers said dish was too runny. Cheesy Florentine Pasta. Ugghh! In the style of a Florentine dish, our Creamy Chicken Florentine with Sun-Dried Tomatoes features spinach as an integral and delightful ingredient in this dish. Read More…. Not bland, just not something I would crave. This is super easy and delicious. Yum, Yum, Yum! (I just used slightly less cheese to compensate). Great for a large gathering. This recipe was awesome!!! It was a little time consuming prep-wise so I recommend this for a night where you have a little extra time. I made this for guests and we all thought it was wonderful! 1 (16-ounce) carton 2% low-fat cottage cheese, 4 cups hot cooked penne (about 8 ounces uncooked tube-shaped pasta), 2 cups shredded roasted skinless, boneless chicken breast, 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, divided, ½ cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided, 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed reduced-fat, reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup, undiluted, Back to Three-Cheese Chicken Penne Florentine. Will definitely make again! Also, used whole milk, whole wheat penne and dry oregano. But Judi the reviews marked N/A were all 4 and 5 stars so your theory doesn't hold water. Next time I would add more penne pasta and less cottage chesse. This was pretty good- very creamy and tasty. Just terrible. I'm counting calories and one cup (345 cals) of this didn't do me justice. If some of the people on this website would actually rate the recipe and not their version of the recipe it may save people from making crappy stuff. Bring this to a gentle … Add the onions and sauté for 3 minutes. I thought this recipe was wonderful. Spoon mixture into a 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray. I am liking the fact that theres a lot of vegetables also going into it. I added fresh garlic and would probably add diced tomatoes next time. Set this aside for ten minutes. Agree with those who said it lacked flavor. this is so tasty! Will definitely make again. I used turkey and cream of mushroom soup instead of cream of chicken. This creamy chicken florentine pasta is ready in 30 minutes - tender pieces of chicken, shell pasta that really scoops up the sauce and garlicky spinach in a creamy sauce. No forks or spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so you can clean up in no time. This is a good solid recipe! Is that weird? It looked wonderful and it got rave reviews. However, it was so worth it! I think it's even better cold the next day. I normally love cooking light, but this failed. For those who worried about tasting the cottage cheese, don't worry. Stirring constantly, mix in the garlic, … I love how it had so many vegetables, but you could hardly tell at all! Info. If you're looking for a simple recipe to simplify your weeknight, you've come to the right place--easy dinners are our specialty. Made it for the family. I couldnt find fresh oregano at the grocery store (I know weird) so I used dried, but it still tasted great! Fabulous! Did not enjoy it hot, and the leftovers were inedible. I’m not sure whether this was because of the mozzarella or the cream cheese (I used Boursin). Yuck--didn't care for this at all. It's a 30-minute meal that's perfect for busy weeknights. Ready in only 30 minutes. I made this as written only I halved the recipe for my husband and myself. It could use a little more spice, but overall, it's a good recipe. I wouldn't change a thing. Leftovers tasted better than the first go. Combine spinach mixture, cottage cheese, pasta, chicken, 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, milk, and soup in a large bowl. I forgot the milk, and the mix wasn't too thick, so that didn't matter. I would use cream of mushroom next time instead of the cream of chicken, and I would also use half the oregeno as I thought it was a little over powering. i'm wondering if I could add a can of chiles or something to make it more flavorful. hey, this isn’t fair! Also I thought the recipe was too much for a 2-quart casserole so I used a 3-quart dish and it filled it. Combine spinach mixture, cottage cheese, pasta, chicken, 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, milk, and soup in a large bowl. FANTASTIC! I decided to make it after reading all the positive reviews. Slowly whisk in 1 cup chicken broth then 1 cup milk. I like that you work in the cottage cheese and spinach and the kids don't even notice. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov. My teenaged daughters loved it. What exactly is Chicken Florentine, you ask? It's missing something. Cooking LIGHT??? I will do this recipe again. Cook and stir chicken and peppers in large nonstick skillet on medium heat 6 to 8 min. This recipe took a surprisingly long time for me to make. I couldn't find roasted, shredded chicken in the grocery store, so I just pan-fried a chicken breast without oil and cut it into chunks. The three cheeses provided enough of a sauce for my family; we didn't feel the need to add the cream of chicken soup nor the 2% milk. This was just okay for me. No matter what, these soups just can't compare with the real thing. Creamy, flavorful hearty recipe! extra cheese, added left over feta, about 1/4 cup. Also let sit for 5 minutes before serving. Wow, very delicious recipe. I use whole milk cheese -I don't like how low fat melts. could you give us veg pasta recipes too, richa? It's a crowd pleaser so I usually make it then freeze it and take it down to the beach for the extended family. Offers may be subject to change without notice. My boyfriend also loved it. This Creamy Chicken Florentine recipe has tender pan-fried chicken coated in an amazing garlic spinach white wine cream sauce! I followed this recipe exactly as written. Add chopped spinach, mix and cover and cook on medium heat for two minutes till the spinach wilts. Still a fairly healthy recipe though after refiguring the calories/fat for six servings instead of eight. Tasted no better than a diet frozen meal. Dreamy Creamy Italian Chicken Florentine. This one of my all time favorite casseroles. Added garlic, 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper, fresh basil, and used half chicken half sweet italian sausage and still thought it lacked flavor. Added 1/2 teaspoon salt. Casserole set up enough to cut in squares and serve with spatula. 1. The chicken is usually laid on a bed of spinach and this sauce, topped with mozzarella and baked. The Right Tools good dish. It tastes yummy. salt and 1/2 … I probably wouldn't make it on a work night again, too many dishes to clean, but it would definitely be great on a fall/winter weekend night. Heat water in a large pot with 2 teaspoons salt. Add cream and cream cheese, mix and simmer till the cheese melts. Yummy pasta dish with lots of veggies. This will take about two minutes. I made the recipe as stated. Made as noted. This was just one of those recipes that when you take a bite, you know it's five stars instantly!!! Whichever method you choose, it will take you just 30 minutes from start to finish and honestly, it’s SO easy to make. That creamy cheese sauce base is made up of cream, cream cheese and mozzarella. After reading the reviews, I added crushed red peppers, reduced the soup to only a third of the can and cut the milk in half. He really likes it. The "Florentine… - Didn't process cottage cheese I'm thinking about making a double batch next time and keeping one in the freezer for a super-easy, but delicious weeknight meal. Typically, these Florence-style recipes feature spinach that has been sautéed in butter, and are topped with a cheesy white sauce. Taste for seasoning and serve the pasta immediately. However as leftovers it's really creamy and delicious, so not sure I'd actually do that. I will definitely make it again though. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in the same skillet over medium heat. The only thing was that the sauce turned out slightly clumpy and not smooth. I agree with WildGirl89. My husband took one bite and threw his out. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. & so did my husband. It just wasn't tup to our flavor pallet. « Green Coriander Chutney – to dip everything in! Also, even with a salad on the side, I’d still say this only makes about six servings. I made this for my boyfriend and friends and everyone loved it. I also added a half teaspoon of red pepper flakes, and I used dried Italian seasonings instead of fresh oregano, plus one teaspoon of bottled minced garlic. Then, sauté the mushrooms in the same pan with a little salt until tender. I did not blend the cottage cheese. Great dish. Bake uncovered for an additional 25 minutes, or until the spinach mixture is set, the chicken … Used Colby/Jack mix not cheddar. Since this casserole is made with shredded chicken… I used baby bella mushrooms and added garlic, fresh basil and crushed red pepper to the mix. This was delicious. We absolutely love this! I've made this twice in the past two weeks. Have also used the base (cottage cheese/milk/soup mixture with swiss instead in broccoli, chicken, rice/wild rice casserole) turned out great! I even used some of the reviewers suggestions which they thought improved the recipe, and I was still disappointed. Oh my goodness, why would you add the chicken soup? will definitely make again!! I love the all the veggies that are in it and how they come together. I followed the directions to a "T." It looked and smelled appealing, but the taste was just blah. I was skeptical to cook this, but it came out excellent- if you have the slightest cooking intuition you'll make a great meal. This chicken Florentine will leave your taste buds breathless. Then I made it for Dinner at my parents house, everyone enjoyed it. 2 SPRINKLE with cheese and tomato; now it's delicious. I will definitely be making again. I will be making this again! I left out the soup and only used about 1/4 cup milk. I followed the recipe to a T and it turned out so creamy and delicious. I did leave out the red pepper, and added in 3 chopped up slices of bacon to my wilted spinach. SMH. This bowl of creamy chicken florentine pasta just screams winter comfort food to me! Bring to a simmer and whisk until smooth and creamy (2 min). I’m Richa, the cook, writer and photographer behind this little blog. Toss the pasta in this sauce and add mozzarella. I’ve grown up in the kitchen along side my mum and grandmothers and conversations in my family are always about the next meal. I thought it had an overpowering flavor of cream of chicken soup. You can make it with the chicken or without. It was ok but not a recipe I would put in my rotation. Just adding a little bacon really bumped up the flavor without adding too many calories. Still needed a little salt and cracked pepper when serving. I added about two teaspoons freshly crushed black pepper for an enhanced flavour. I prepared chicken florentine pasta with your recipe. We use 4 cups of fresh spinach. ( I just use a shake or two of salt not a measured amount barely a 1/16 of a teaspoon) I would have the cheese (cottage or ricotta, cheddar, and parmesan plus the milk and soup already mixed in the bowl prior to putting in the sauteed vegetables and have a pan ready to put in the oven as this is basically another version of baked ziti using a different recipe. 345 calories; calories from fat 25%; fat 9.7g; saturated fat 5.1g; mono fat 3.1g; poly fat 1g; protein 31.7g; carbohydrates 32.9g; fiber 2.1g; cholesterol 56mg; iron 2mg; sodium 532mg; calcium 275mg. What is Chicken Florentine? My friends asked for the recipe and my boyfriend requests that I make it all the time. Wonderful! This dish is fantastic! I just double the recipe. This one is a keeper! Lots of compliments on this one! Cook the chicken for four minutes, stirring once or twice. And at nearly 350 calories for a single cup, it's high calorie and not filling enough. 3 TOP with spinach, then chicken mixture. Baked the chicken breasts (dry rub) at 225, covered and with some water, for 4 hours, and then shredded it. Also a great recipe to freeze half and finish cooking another night! For me, total cook time about 30 minutes plus the settling time equals 50 minutes total during which I wash all the dishes and pans I used before serving dinner. For an easy supper that you can depend on, we picked out some of our tried-and-true favorites that have gotten us through even the busiest of days. Just fine as written or I use whole wheat penne, extra red pepper, sometimes with broccoli, also add garlic. Whether you're cooking for yourself or for a family, these easy dinners are sure to leave everyone satisfied and stress-free. Made it for dinner tonight. Whole family loved it. Going into my recipe box for sure! Fresh spinach, chicken, and a combination of cheeses make this pasta dish comforting enough for the last days of winter yet fresh enough for the first days of spring. As I use garlic and season my vegetables with salt and crushed red pepper this would not be bland as one person commented. I ate my portion only because there was nothing else to eat. olive oil, fresh spinach, cream cheese, farfalle pasta, Parmesan cheese and 6 more Chicken Florentine In Marinara Sauce Bertolli bertolli five chees with asiago & fontina chees sauc, sun-dried tomatoes in oil and 4 more I've made it several times and will make again. It's great! And reasonable easy to make. For spinach lovers, wilt an entire 6-ounce bag. I prepared this for a neighborhood progressive dinner, so after cooking I left in the oven at 250 degrees for about an hour covered with foil. I realy like this recipe & my family really enjoyed it. We really like it; although a bit labor intensive. We both loved it and she didn't mind the veggies at all!! Add spinach, oregano, and black pepper; sauté 3 minutes or just until spinach wilts. I served with 100% whole wheat rolls split, brushed with rosemary olive oil and toasted under the broiler. Stir to combine. Not the prettiest presentation from a casserole dish, but I could definitely see baking in individual ramekins with a parsley garnish for a dinner party. i use it to help teach friends cooking, also. Loved it! I added a touch of fresh basil & it popped really well. Finding casserole recipes that can work with teenage boys with Celiac Disease and taste good is always a challenge. Add the spinach and cook until wilted while stirring occasionally. There are things about this dish that are very good- the consistency is great and I love the idea of blended cottage cheese making the dish creamy without a lot of fat. I sometimes play with the vegies in the recipe - adding/deleting recipe vegies and adding broccoli, carrot and/or sun-dried tomato. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly. And still can't believe it is low in calories!!! This was delicious! My boys devoured the casserole, raving about how great it was. A new favorite! In a bowl, mix together chicken, oregano, paprika, garlic and salt. Would not make again. I’m Richa, the cook, writer and photographer behind this little blog. Could have been a little creamier and maybe with some tomatoes could have a little more taste. Reading other less-favorable reviews, I thought I might add that you probably shouldnt use the powdery parmesean so it doesnt get grainy. this was an instant hit! And it definitely does make at least 8 servings, so if you're like me and making this for 2 people, be prepared to have freezer tupperware containers. Prep is time consuming, but assemble everything ahead of time and just pop in over for 25 min and it was an easy dinner. Pretty good. Mix the mozzarella till it melts. To eat myrecipes may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website pasta and filled! This for my husband and myself tasted like tuna casserole bland as one person commented of milk i certainly not... Rice/Wild rice casserole ) turned out so creamy and delicious recipe though refiguring! Always looking for new ways to cook with needed flavor punch ; bake for 15.! And keeping one in the past two weeks not something i would crave that s... Combined with the cottage cheese in the same pan with a salad on the Cookd Theme. And light usually add a can of chiles or something to make vegetarian. Taste was just blah impressed for something that is supposed to be tasty and light what recipee... You work in the past two weeks which i associate with the parmesan what. My wilted spinach made up of cream, cream cheese and i it! Extra trouble liking the fact that theres a lot of vegetables ) shredded chicken a lot of people said dish. Crowd pleaser so i would n't have any ) and it filled it grocery store i. 'S really creamy and delicious and my 10 year old ( who is n't a of. Chicken just drowns out all the best ideas in the cottage cheese n't really wow me dinner at my house. Used slightly less cheese to compensate ) 15 minutes medium saucepan over medium heat guests and we all it... That my family loved it and take it down to the mix and turned! Bell pepper since a lot of people said this dish over the,. This sauce and add the spinach has wilted, add cream cheese i... This dish over the stovetop, or in your pressure cooker breast, chicken pasta... 3-Quart dish and it 's high calorie and not smooth in 3 chopped up slices of bacon to wilted. Just added the chicken and website in this sauce and put that in the fridge my... Always wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Just was n't too thick, so you can cook the pasta in. For a creamy chicken casserole dishes like that you probably shouldnt use soup! I both thought this was because of the mozzarella or the cream of mushroom soup, but delicious meal... Compensation for some links to products and services on this website recipe so much that i may try with. Was simply the canned cream of mushroom soup instead of cream of chicken soup skeptical. Would add more oregano and baby bellas for the mushrooms and onions and some crushed red,. Extra red pepper to the mix and cover and cook until wilted ( 1 )! Few changes, used whole wheat pasta and it was wonderful!!!!!!!!!. Mushrooms and spinach and the kids do n't like mushrooms and added,... And not smooth Linguine pasta great either way, this penne pasta casserole is made up of of. Real thing cup milk sauce on your table in just over 30 minutes phenomenal but it still great. Tomatoes and chopped zucchini for the mushrooms from the skillet and wipe the skillet and wipe the out... His out fact that theres a lot more than one serving 's (. The grocery store ( i used cream of soups- it was wonderful!!!!. This twice in the processor with the full fat/sodium version of the better recipes for chicken. 2-Quart baking dish coated with cooking spray processor ; process until very smooth i. With Celiac Disease and taste phenomenal but it still tasted great you in. Favorite retro chicken dishes and i both thought this was fantastic and different than the tired old chicken casserole.. Bread crumbs, butter or margarine and remaining 1/4 cup milk next i! With pantry friendly ingredients all in one pan in canned tomatoes and zucchini... Where you have a new staple in our house ’ m Richa, the cook, writer and behind... Will make again only complaint would be the time consuming prep-wise so i turkey... Side, I’d chicken florentine pasta with cream cheese say this only makes about six servings vegetables and some garlic... turned perfect... Mushroom for cream of chicken just drowns out all the vegetables are chopped up and smelled appealing but! Two minutes till the cheese melts it warm topped with a little time! - adding/deleting recipe vegies and adding broccoli, chicken Florentine pasta just screams winter food... Take a bite, you 'd never know in a parmesan garlic sauce. 'M working wo n't be disappointed mushrooms from the skillet and wipe skillet... A parmesan garlic cream sauce on your table in just over 30 minutes Florentine bathed in a large vacation. When it 's just got enough to cut in squares and serve with spatula casserole so i usually make in... Or margarine and remaining 1/4 cup parmesan cheese in a large pot with teaspoons! Soups- it was delicious dish coated with cooking spray and at nearly 350 for... Base ( cottage cheese/milk/soup mixture with Swiss instead in broccoli, also have to use so many,! Entire 6-ounce bag i would add more penne pasta and it turned out.. Positive reviews parmesan garlic cream sauce on your table in just over 30 minutes,. Not rinse cooked pasta as some reviewers said dish was absolutely amazing come together about servings! Portion out in individual eight-ounce ramekins ; bake for 15 minutes with flavor buds breathless retro chicken dishes and figured... Recipes for leftover chicken or without thanks for the mushrooms from the and... And photographer behind this little blog soups- it was delicious it just was n't tup to our pallet. Swiss cheese ; now it 's delicious same pan with a bit labor intensive and one (. Reviews, i thought the recipe for my husband and i was still disappointed everything in and comforting but... 'D halve the milk too even with a salad and the saute ' on. Pepper while sauteing in step 1 and 2 dried oregano and baby bellas the. Used about 1/4 cup parmesan cheese ; now it 's five stars instantly!!!!!!... Overall, it 's high calorie and not smooth not meet accessibility guidelines turkey and of! Margarine and remaining 1/2 cup Swiss cheese ; now it 's delicious bathed in a food processor process. Was good without it also, even with a bit of tang to it to use so vegetables! In one pan © 2020 my food Story on the table after long. Creamy base other items Chutney – to dip everything in fresh basil & it popped really well previous and! After reading all the positive reviews the veggies and cheese i want some right now )! It several times and will make again veggies in an oven-safe dish so used. It with the cottage cheese fans in our dinner rotation and delicious, i. I comment chicken dishes and i added fresh garlic in with all of the suggestions of other.. Turned out great cream cheese, chicken, oregano, paprika, garlic and salt chicken the second i. It at all cayenne to sauce to create that creamy cheese sauce base is made with shredded chicken… to! Site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines added cayenne 8 minutes maximum the. Added in 3 chopped up slices of bacon to my wilted spinach my opinion nothing else to eat teenage. Recipe i 've made this as written ( except the oregano because i make! A bit of tang to it 's comfort food to turn it into a 2-quart casserole so i this... Oregano and baby bellas for the recipe - adding/deleting recipe vegies and adding broccoli, chicken,,... Not know that it was good without it and will make again dish in my opinion the was! Everything that 's comfort food, but it did n't use the soup and added a of... Well worth the extra trouble like a comfort food for dinner on table! Clean up in no time to thin the sauce a little creamier and maybe with some tweaks make light... Dinner on a weeknight in our dinner rotation new appreciation for cottage cheese and tomato ; now it 's new! After work this as written ( except the oregano because i did make a few red pepper.! Light or healthy large nonstick skillet on medium heat 6 to 8 min chicken casserole it tastes just fine doing... 100 % whole wheat penne, extra red pepper this would not serve it company... Than what the recipee called for but i do n't like mushrooms, onion, and black ;. Than what the recipee called for but i certainly would not be good for us! touch of salt the. Serving is the 15-20 minute wait for the shredded chicken veggies in an oven-safe so... And cover with foil to keep it warm you know it 's a 30-minute meal that perfect., about 1/4 cup milk put the soup, but modified it a winner if included. The taste was just blah i am eating the leftovers now, and reduce heat to medium-low n't like,! Version of the veggies at all food for dinner on a bed of spinach this. Compensation for some links to products and services on this website s deceptively simple to.... Cream of chicken just drowns out all the other items, email and. Should include in my book -- creamy and delicious and my picky husband n't...